Started 20th Feb, 2022

Fibromyalgia Research Study 2022 - 150 Participants Needed

I'm a 3rd-year psychology student at the University of East London and I'm conducting a 10-15 minute anonymous online survey to capture the everyday experience of Fibromyalgia patients and how they feel they are supported by their medical experts for my final year dissertation.
As leading voices for those who experience chronic illness and who may also be diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I would like to request your assistance in reaching those who often lack a voice, to allow me to capture their thoughts and feelings. Can you help me reach the 150 people that I need to complete the survey over the next two months.
All participation is anonymous and will be carried out under the strict guidelines of the British Psychological Society and the University of East London Ethics Committee.
As you are aware Fibromyalgia lacks robust research, I very much hope that gathering as many voices as possible through completion of the survey will be an opportunity to start addressing that.
To complete the fibromyalgia research survey please copy the address below into your browser.
Qualtrics Survey | Qualtrics Experience Management
The most powerful, simple and trusted way to gather experience data. Start your journey to experience management and try a free account today.

All replies (1)

Nourhan S. Elkholy
Nawah Scientific Company
good luck

SCHRÖDINGER'S MEETING: How would a conference call with 50 similar voices work? How does perceived communication break-down?
  • Patrick Henry WhitePatrick Henry White
Imagine you're going into a voice meeting with 50 different people, except every one of their voices sound similar, how hard would it be to have a productive meeting? Now imagine learning 50 different subjects from 50 different PDFs that all look similar. This last example, however, is our reality.
What specific structures in communication break down? Will a single sentence form from two people talking in succession? (SEE BELOW)
  • Person 1: "Hello, how are you?"
  • Person 2: "Okay sir, thanks how are you?"
  • Persons 1 + 2 becomes: "Are you okay sir."
How hard would it be to memorize, comprehend and respond?
What would be the implications in terms of neurology, personal distress, memory formation, etc?
It is named after Schrödinger's Cat, the quantum mechanics thought experiment - where the cat is considered both dead and alive. Just as the cat's state is unknown, so may be the context of communication within a Schrödinger's Meeting.
The Schrodinger's Meeting example highlights the importance of stimuli distinguishability in our everyday lives. Investigations into this, particularly regarding digital text comprehension, is the novel work of myself and my team. Environmental stimuli distinguishability as it pertains to cognitions for the general public is a massively underexplored area of neurology and information theory. We look forward to hearing other's opinions regarding the effects of a Schrodinger's Meeting.

Data
Supplemental_Blinded_-_Qualtric_Survey - An Analysis of Lung Cancer Screening Beliefs and Practice Patterns for Community Providers Compared to Academic Providers
This paper reports on the relevance of attention checks for online panels, e.g., M-Turk, SurveyMonkey, SmartSurvey, QualTrics. In two SmartSurvey studies approximately one third of the respondents failed a check that instructed them to skip the question. Attention-enhancing tools reduce this to approximately one fifth. The failure rate is not affec...
Data
Survey questions and survey flow. The list of questions and the flow of the Qualtrics survey. (PDF)