Question
Asked 5th Oct, 2018

Does the (Journal of Advances in Mathematics and Computer Science ISSN: 2456-9968) fake or Not ?

I want to check whether the ( Journal of Advances in Mathematics and Computer Science ISSN: 2456-9968 ) is a fake one or not? I could not find it in the Clarivate Analytics list.
Thanks for ur help!

Ricardo De Souza Pereira
Universidade Federal do Amapá
Thanks for your comments. I thought that it was a serious journal. Maybe I was confused with a similar name.

Avishag Gordon
University of Haifa
Hi,
This is hard to say, but this journal is not indexed in any indexing service, and the publisher is not known, so I guess that one has to be cautious about this journal.
Boštjan Gabrovšek
University of Ljubljana
I would not trust it, it is not indexed anywhere, doesn't have an impact factor (http://www.citefactor.org/page/Impact-Factor-2017-2018-j) and the journal website is registered using a free yahoo mail account (https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/sciencedomain.org).
Matt Holland
National Health Service
Agree with colleagues. I can add that the UK address is a mailing service not an office [ https://www.completeformations.co.uk/company-shop/regent-street.html ] and why would a journal based in India publish the British Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science its predecessor title. The Chief editor Xuerong Mao makes no mention as far as I can see of this editorship in an extensive biography [ https://pureportal.strath.ac.uk/en/persons/xuerong-mao/activities/ ]. BW Matt
Rebar T. Abdulwahid
University of Sulaimani
Thanks everyone for the detailed answer. Therefore, the JAMCS can be regarded as a fake one since it has not been indexed anywhere and they use UK address and Xuerong Mao name to deceive researchers.
Matt Holland
National Health Service
Well done Peter. Some really good detective work here. BW Matt
Mushtaq Shah
J and K Higher Education
is not indexed anywhere,
Tariq Khraishi
University of New Mexico
I just saw this thread and perhaps as a young journal it did not have much indexing going on but according to their website now they do:
still, even with the above, it is not one of the best journals for math or science publishing in terms of impact
I actually did some checking and Google Scholar has them there
Matt Holland
National Health Service
The entire internet is indexed by Google Scholar and Microsoft Academic. There is no mention of this title in Sherpa Romeo, which in any case is not an indexing service. Their claims are spurious.
Avishag Gordon
University of Haifa
Hi,
The website of this journal does not specify its publisher, and the indexing is in remote Chinese database, so , I am not sure it is fake, but I would be very cautious about sending papers to this journal. This journal charges APC, so, be cautious.
Krishna Dhakal
Nepal Agricultural Research Council
You can always check any predatory Journals and publishers from https://beallslist.net/
Rob Keller
Charlemagne College, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Indeed, the journal is not indexed in the stand-alone version of the Beall’s list. However (they hide it but you can dig it up using their ISSN number) the publisher behind it is “ScienceDomain International” which is mentioned in the Beall’s list: https://beallslist.net/ as already said by Peter Breuer and Boštjan Gabrovšek .
This by itself is a red flag and an indication that you are dealing with a predatory journal/publisher. The fact that they are not open about the publisher behind the journal is to say the least suspect. However, the picture about this publisher is not as black and white, see for example:
At the very least something to look for more thoroughly.
Best regards.
Teresa Oliveira
Universidade Aberta
It is fake as many other trying to full researchers, please be very carefull before submission to a Journal. Of course this one is not mentioned in SCIMAGO either.
Best wishes,
T.
Michel Darmon
Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies Commission
For your information, I've just received an invitation to review a paper from this journal which was not really in my area of expertise. From its website, Past name: British Journal of Mathematics & Computer Science and Offices in India and London...
Shailendra Goel
University of Delhi
I received a paper for review from them. I am from biological sciences and have nothing to do with mathematical sciences. I think that's enough to answer your question.
Thong Nguyen Quang Do
University of Franche-Comté
Thank you. But you (all) should send these informations e.g. to the thread in RG
"Regarding Changing Math into a Matter of Opinion"
Palamadai Seetharaman <palamadaiseetharaman@gmail.com>
where the author is trying to "sell" his merchandise... which is no other than an "elementary proof" of Fermat's Last Theorem. Of course this a common phenomenon (which you can find by the dozen), but this one is particularly tenacious, and the journal involved seems to be the one you're dicussing about, the Journal of Advances in Mathematics and Computer Science ISSN: 2456-9968. It would be an act of public health to get rid of it, especially concerning Fermat's LT !
Jose Risomar Sousa
University of São Paulo
Fakes are everywhere these days.
Rob Keller
The matter you discussed concerning the author that "sell" his merchandise was published by another journal "Asian Research Journal of Mathematics", but the same publisher.
On their behalf it must be said that the paper is retracted http://www.sciencedomain.org/abstract/24383
Best regards.
Thong Nguyen Quang Do
University of Franche-Comté
Dear Rob Keller,
Thank you. I knew anyway of the author's previous "publication" in the Asian something. But he is very stubborn (at the same time, very ignorant, as the majority of "amateur fermatists"). Best regards, Thong NQD
Thong Nguyen Quang Do
University of Franche-Comté
Added: and sometimes as arrogant as they are ignorant. Just take a look at the thread on RG, "Fermat's Last Theorem: Quadragesima Anno", whose "boss" is a...lawyer, a constitutionalist at that ! Thong NQD
1st Mar, 2022
Mushtaq Shah
J and K Higher Education
only one thing is that you should publish work on SCI ESCi Scopus and unpaid journals
Ricardo De Souza Pereira
Universidade Federal do Amapá
Rebar T. Abdulwahid, It is not fake. Recently, I'm trying to publish some clinical results that I got a few years ago. I checked several serious magazines. Publisher SPRINGER NATURE, with 2,132 journals, is charging a minimum of 2,000 USD to publish an article. For example:
Zeitschrift für Vergleichende Politikwissenschaft costs 2,380 (Euros) 2,890 (US dollar)
Zentralblatt für Arbeitsmedizin, Arbeitsschutz und Ergonomie 2,490 (Euros) 2,990 (US dollar)
Zoomorphology - 2,690 (Euros) 3390 (US dollar)
Academic Psychiatry 2,690 (Euros) 3,390 (US dollar)
Acoustics Australia 2,690 (Euros) 3,390 (US dollar)
And they are high impact journals. If you're going to call the JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL RESEARCH INTERNATIONAL a PREDATORY JOURNAL, you have to think long and hard. Most journals I've tried to publish are charging authors absurd amounts. And all with a high impact factor. Even Brazilian journals are charging high prices.
Yours sincerely,
Prof. Dr. Ricardo de Souza Pereira, Pharm.D., Ph.D.
Ricardo De Souza Pereira
Universidade Federal do Amapá

Are there other pieces of information about “Victory Road” to FLT?
Question
  • Jean-Claude EvardJean-Claude Evard
=====================================
See also my list of links to my other RG documents:
=====================================
Question posted on May 20, 2018
I have posted a research project on Research Gate on the history of the construction of “Victory Road” to the proof of Fermat Last Theorem (FLT).
Are there pieces of information that are missing in this history?
I will add to this history any new references, pieces of information, and good comment about this history, with full credit to the first who finds it.
Are you interested in discussing problems for the Fermat's Last Theorem , p-adic numbers, Beal's Conjecture, Krasner-Kalougnine embedded theorem?
151 replies
  • Sergey P. KlykovSergey P. Klykov
If yes, you are welcome here. Please be concise and understandable. Please be ethical when communicating. Experts and amateurs of mathematics are invited. Experts are requested to give explanations if amateurs have insufficient understanding of something.
Please, see also:
Previous threads can be found here:
Please, see also:
Why do we need smooth structures rather than analytic ones in physics ?
47 replies
  • Clarence Lewis ProtinClarence Lewis Protin
Consider the powerful central role of differential equations in physics and applied mathematics.
In the theory of ordinary differential equations and in dynamical systems we generally consider smooth or C^k class solutions. In partial differential equations we consider far more general solutions, involving distributions and Sobolev spaces.
I was wondering, what are the best examples or arguments that show that restriction to the analytic case is insufficient ?
What if we only consider ODEs with analytic coeficients and only consider analytic solutions. And likewise for PDEs. Here by "analytic" I mean real maps which can be extended to holomorphic ones. How would this affect the practical use of differential equations in physics and science in general ? Is there an example of a differential equation arising in physics (excluding quantum theory !) which only has C^k or smooth solutions and no analytic ones ?
It seems we could not even have an analytic version of the theory of distributions as there could be no test functions .There are no non-zero analytic functions with compact support.
Is Newtonian physics analytic ? Is Newton's law of gravitation only the first term in a Laurent expansion ? Can we add terms to obtain a better fit to experimental data without going relativistic ?
Maybe we can consider that the smooth category is used as a convenient approximation to the analytic category. The smooth category allows perfect locality. For instance, we can consider that a gravitational field dies off outside a finite radius.
Cosmologists usually consider space-time to be a manifold (although with possible "singularities"). Why a manifold rather than the adequate smooth analogue of an analytic space ?
Space = regular points, Matter and Energy = singular points ?
What is InTech Open Science? A predatory or a ligitimate publisher?
Question
  • Stephen Jia WangStephen Jia Wang
Dear friends colleagues, have you ever received an invitation to publish your work at InTech Open Science (https://www.intechopen.com/)? I have recently been invited to edit a new book title for them. I am usually suspicious with such invitations and must check the authenticity of the publisher first. Interestingly, they claim that they have published the work for two recent Nobel Laureates. Therefore, I would appreciate your experience and opinions regarding InTech Open Science.
Kind regards,
-----