Question
Asked 3rd Nov, 2014

Do you know this book?

I am reading your paper with a lot of interest. I am actually designing a set of experiments quite close to yours. My focus is more how space/architecture is influencing the way we remember a sequence of item (playing cards). Would you like (have time) to have a look and give me your comments?
I also want to share this post with you. Cosmigraphic Michael Benson from brainpicking blog.

Does wilcoxon rank sum test test the difference in medians?
Question
  • Deleted profile
Hi
I always thought that the wilcoxon rank sum test tests the difference in medians of two groups. However recently I have been told tht it does not. So for more clarity I was reading the following blog.
It states the null hypothesis as follows.
The two populations are equal
I donot understand the above null hypothesis. What are the two populations equal in terms of ? In terms of number of observations? in terms of distribution? in terms of medians or what?
kind regards,
Saadia
Difficulty about creating "Conceptual Framework"
7 replies
  • Delia De JesusDelia De Jesus
I have been attempting to create a conceptual framework for my dissertation and the struggle is monumental. Here is what I have found that does not work for me in understanding HOW to create a CF. I have read an untold number of articles, searched the internet, and read books about CF. I find that everyone gives explanations about why a CF is necessary for research etc., but NO ONE knows how to teach the actual creation of a CF. I have read examples of CF already written by other scholars but none of that has helped me to create my own. Hence, I am left wondering WHY???? can NOT one of the items I have read helped me with my learning how to craft a CF. It is so frustrating for me.

Conference Paper
We contend that the complexity of modern computer systems is caused by a dependency on a plethora of mechanisms that by their lack of coherence increase the cost of developing applications. By integrating these mechanisms we can reduce the complexity of the system and thereby achieve savings throughout product life cycles. From our experience in op...
Thesis (M. of Arch.)--Georgia Institute of Technology, 1986. Directed by Mitchell Bring. Includes bibliographical references (leaf 65).