Started 24th Mar, 2020

Do you agree that we are suffering from a real crisis globally with Corona virus ? In your opinion, how can we face this crisis?

In light of the circumstances in the world today, we see situations of fear, apprehension, and caution filling the continents in light of the spread of this epidemic. Sometimes we ask ourselves about the reason for the spread of this epidemic, and some of us start blaming others about its spread and its invasion of the countries of the world, whether these countries are developed or developing, and we find ourselves powerless in front of this very small creature that does not see under the light microscope but rather under the electron microscope. Then we go back to ask how it spread and how it developed itself to be so strong. Is the reason is food habits and that it has moved from the original host has snakes and bats to humans, in my area as a scientist in the field of bacteria, when bacteria move to a place other than the place of their natural presence it may turn from commensals bacteria to pathogens. Was this the reason, or are we in a real confrontation between the creature that God has honored (human being) with the smallest creature which is the virus? Perhaps the presence of this challenge is a test for us from the Creator to show us that whatever we have reached in science and whatever we have evolved, we are unable to face the smallest creature he has. How much we harmed each other, how much we have forgiven our accomplishments and how much we have suffered from each other's injustice, but today we are powerless in front of this so little creature. So, in your opinion, how can we face this epidemic?
All contributions and comments are welcome?

Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Jahid hasan Shourove Thank you so much for your comment and contribution, really really thanks.

Popular replies (1)

Yoganandan G
Periyar University
Dear Dr. Manal Hadi Kanaan, this question, though asked a year back, still has relevance and standing the test of time. I endorse the views of Dr Mubashir Ali Rather. Need change in the habits. Warm regards Yoganandan G

All replies (333)

Wasan Salih Hussein
University of Mosul
I think we are in a real crisis because of Corona virus. To get out of this crisis we have to stay at home
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Wasan Salih Hussein Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot.
Abdelkader BOUAZIZ
SOUGUEUR Division - Chemistry (POLYMERS), Université Ibn Khaldoun Tiaret
Dear all, I have a strong and deep feeling that this is only the starting of a very disastrous thing. I am not a pessimiste, but the level of struggles is every where. My Regards
فالله خير حافظا وهو ارحم الراحمين
Ibtisam Sodani
Forensic DNA center for research and training
Yes, we are suffering from a real crisis at the global level with the Corona virus .. As for how to face this crisis, it is related to the speed of discovering the vaccine for this virus and until its discovery, remains, the home stone the only solution to limit its spread, in addition to the food rich in zinc to raise immunity as well as foods rich in vitamin A,E and C
Emad Kamil Hussein
Al-Furat Al-Awsat Technical University
Of course YES, I have suggested this logo:
STAY AT HOME.... STAY CLEAN.... STAY SAFE....
Wish you all happy and healthy life forever my friends.
Regards,
Emad
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr.
Hassan Izzeddin Sarsak
Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you it needs that at all levels. Thanks
Vadim S. Gorshkov
No
At least, it is necessary to dying with dignity !
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Emad Kamil Hussein Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you we should adhere to these health regulations wherever we are to avoid spreading the infection as much as possible. Thanks.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Ibtisam Sodani Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you, fear of this virus due to the lack of a vaccine against it, it is known that viruses are constantly developing themselves so it is difficult to find vaccines against them. Therefore, we must work to strengthen the immune system as much as possible because effective treatment against viruses is the immune interferon compounds, strengthening immunity not only with foods that support immunity but also our desire to resist the disease because our immune system is weakened if we feel defeated by the disease.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Vadim S. Gorshkov Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. We must accept God’s judgment, ability, and pray that this scourge is lifted from us, because whatever our work and whatever knowledge and technology we possess, God’s will remains above human beings. And if we are destined to die because of this epidemic, then it is the Judgment of God, and we believe in Him and His Judgment, just as we believe that He who heals the sick is desolate and that the inability of medicine to recover them. واذا مرضت فهو يشفين
صدق الله العظيم
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Abdelkader BOUAZIZ Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you. We must accept God’s judgment, ability, and pray that this scourge is lifted from us.
Anton Vrdoljak
University of Mostar
I agree, and for all of us there is one simple rule: the advice of doctors and other relevant professionals should be followed. Stay at home!
Mohammed Ismael Rushdi
South Valley University
try to forget this crisis.
Nafees Mohammad
University of Peshawar
Yes, COVID-19 can be termed as a global crisis. It will prevail for few years with negative impacts on global economy and politics. It will bring a lot of changes across the 🌐. Such as digital currency will become common, international flight will become limited. e-Trade and e-commerce will become common.
Liqaa Habeb Al-Obaydi
University of Diyala
By staying home. Social distance is the solution nowadays.
Eman Riyadh Adeeb
University of Diyala
Being away from any close contact and staying at home are the safeist solutions at least for the time being.
Khaleel Z. K. Al-Alo
University Of Kufa
We can face it by take the Preventive measurements precisely
Parupalli SRINIVAS Rao
King Faisal University
JUST STAY HOME AND DON'T TRY TO MEET ANYONE FOR A FEW DAYS.
Mustafa Hamid Hassan
Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia
Stay HOME
Nazaruddin Sinaga
Universitas Diponegoro
Maybe some countries, whose economic fundamentals are not strong, will suffer an economic crisis within their country. But, for a country with a strong economy, it might actually benefit from the outbreak of the Convid-19 virus. I don't know yet how to overcome this economic crisis, because this is a macroeconomic problem, where we personally will not be able to do much.
That's my opinion.
Thank you.
Have a nice WFH.
Ashok Pundir
NITIE-National Institute of Industrial Engineering
Stay home. Social distancing necessary.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Ashok Pundir Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you. In addition to this, we need to pray to the God to pay this scourge from us and to help each other, we are going through a very difficult time there are many poor people who do not have a financial income and they earn their strength daily so we need solidarity among us to cross this crisis safely.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Nazaruddin Sinaga Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you. So, we should help each other, we are going through a very difficult time there are many poor people who do not have a financial income and they earn their strength daily so we need solidarity among us to cross this crisis safely.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Mustafa Hamid Hassan Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Parupalli SRINIVAS Rao Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Khaleel Z. K. Al-Alo Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Eman Riyadh Adeeb Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Liqaa Habeb Al-Obaydi Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Nafees Mohammad Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Mohammed Ismael Rushdi Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Anton Vrdoljak Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
J. M. Koli
Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidypeeth
Yes, I am agree that we are suffering from a real crisis globally with Corona virus . Stay home and Safe.
Deleted profile
Some research shown that staying at home or sprey of disinfecting agents in air will not sone problem.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Crises unite people and make us feel each other when I was young in the first stage of the College of Veterinary Medicine. The Gulf War broke out and the study stopped for four months. At that time, we were suffering from a real crisis in Iraq, life stopped and Iraq faced a very difficult period and when the war ended the Intifada began and many people were killed. At that time, we lost hope of returning to life after it was completely disrupted. Then gradually, the life back and we returned to the College, when I felt great joy when I saw my colleagues fine and as if they were my brothers and they are not colleagues only until now I remember how much joy I felt when I saw everyone okay. In our country, we faced a lot, but we have always endured and overcome, and I hope that we will stand today and overcome this crisis not only in Iraq but also in the whole world to pray and invoke the God to help us overcome this crisis and to have mercy on us with his vast mercy that expanded everything.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Nadeem Ahmad Khan
Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
J. M. Koli Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Ali A. Al-Homaidan Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Ameer Imarah
University Of Kufa
yes doctor it is absolutely that
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Ameer Imarah Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot.
Mitsuo Fukuda
Personal Science lab
I tried to sort out what I knew about SARS-CoV-19. The virus is an RNA virus and has an envelope. In particular, spike proteins are incorporated into the human body's ACE2 receptor, invading the cell membranes, especially of the respiratory tract, causing pneumonia, leading to severe disease and death. The most individual benefit is to eliminate the infection route outside the body, and to perform hand washing, gargling, and nasal washing each time when going out and in contact with humans. Secondly, the mask may be effective against external droplet infection. It is also effective not to spread cough and runny nose to others. It is known that the virus can be killed if the lipid part of the envelope can be removed. ( Horowitz, B. et al. : Transfusion, 25: 516-522, 1985.)
First. Stop unnecessary going out, don't get yourself infected, don't infect others. Regarding what to do if infected, there seems to be no effective treatment for this pneumonia at this time. In fact, the lack of a specific treatment is a pandemic that makes people anxious. There seems to be no reliable test for infection. PCR is primarily a research method intended for research purposes, and it is not an early definitive diagnosis, so it is necessary to have a test method that can distinguish between infection and onset. For example, consider that the relationship between AIDS and HIV is similar. In considering the SDGs, we want to create an era where testing and treatment should be one. In my opinion, I would like to collaborate with researchers worldwide on the sugar chains of the envelope, and seek a sugar chain testing method and a sugar chain therapeutic agent. I imagine that RNA viruses are too fast to catch up with vaccines. a new science path without thinking of a crisis. Forcing the convenience, time and amount of activity so far, and rethinking the social environment pushed into a crowded train to return to a basic human life I live with the hope of the times.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Mitsuo Fukuda Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Adasa Nkrumah
University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
The social implications of COVID-19:
  1. It is reminding us that we are all equal, regardless of our culture, religion, occupation, financial situation or how famous we are. This disease treats us all equally.
  2. It is reminding us that we are all connected and something that affects one person has an effect on another.
  3. It is reminding us of how precious our health is and how we have moved to neglect it through eating nutrient poor manufactured food and drinking water that is contaminated with chemicals upon chemicals.
  4. It is reminding us of the shortness of life and of what is most important for us to do, which is to help each other, especially those who are old or sick.
  5. It is reminding us of how materialistic our society has become and how, when in times of difficulty, we remember that it’s the essentials that we need (food, water, medicine) as opposed to the luxuries that we sometimes unnecessarily give value to.
  6. It is reminding us of how important our family and home life is and how much we have neglected this.
  7. It is forcing us back into our houses so we can rebuild them into our home and to strengthen our family unit.
Courtesy: GateNotes
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Adasa Nkrumah Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Solomon Mengistie
Bahir Dar University
I agree that COVID-19 has brought many sorts of crisis such as psychological, economic, health related crisis up to death. So, we should give due care by respecting what health professionals have been advising us.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Solomon Mengistie Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
YOGESH CHANDRA TRIPATHI
Forest Research Institute Dehradun
Presently 'Social Distancing" is the only way to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Solomon Mengistie
Bahir Dar University
Ok, thank you too for raising a timely discussion issue!
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
YOGESH CHANDRA TRIPATHI Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you. Also, I would like to add that these measures are only precautionary and defensive, as for now there is no vaccine or medicine for this virus.
Jules SADEFO KAMDEM
Université de Montpellier
YES and NO !
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Jules SADEFO KAMDEM Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot.
Abdolmajid Ghasemian
Fasa University of Medical Sciences
Dear Dr. Manal
It seems really pathogenic virus which affects nearly all ages and owing to lack of vaccination/eradication strategy we should be profoundly careful until avenues be open towards prevention or treatment
Bashier Ibrahim Osman
University of Khartoum
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus by:
Washing hands using hands sanitizers contaning at least 60% ethyl- or isopropyl alcohol.
To avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
To apply physical distancing by leaving distance between yourself and other people.
To stay home if we are not sick.
To cover our mouth and nose with a tissue when we cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow and dispose the tissue into a trash.
To clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
To poost our immunity by taking vitamin c in adequate quantity
Bilal Sajid
Jiangnan University
No doubt passing through hard time but we need to prevent the spread of covid-19 by keeping social distance and awarness.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Bilal Sajid Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Bashier Ibrahim Osman Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Abdolmajid Ghasemian Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Jules SADEFO KAMDEM
Université de Montpellier
lopinavir, ritonavir, darunavir , remdesivir
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Jules SADEFO KAMDEM
Université de Montpellier
plaquenil et azythomicine.
Jules SADEFO KAMDEM
Université de Montpellier
Remdesivir and chloroquine effectively inhibit the recently emerged novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in vitro
For more details see the following paper:
Carl HD Steinmetz
Expats & Immigrants B.V
Please be careful please with messages that certain medicines seem to work, in particular Remdesivir and Chloroquine. It is not yet scientifically proven. All the best Carl
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Carl HD Steinmetz Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Adasa Nkrumah
Yes, indeed we are in a global crisis. the pandemic has affected every sector even in the software industry. Microsoft, google have suspended all upgrades. The traditional April major patch of Microsoft is projected to be postponed
Chinaza Godswill Awuchi
Kampala International University (KIU)
Covid-19 has put the whole world in deep crisis; health crisis, economic crisis, psychological crisis, and emotional crisis.
However, to solve this crisis, we need to be resilient without fear, take precautionary measures, and fast track the development of vaccines for Covid-19 treatment, among others.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Chinaza Godswill Awuchi Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Fazal Ghani
University of Peshawar
indeed this incident have reverted majority toward religions.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Fazal Ghani Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Carl HD Steinmetz
Expats & Immigrants B.V
Dear RG friends, the pharmacist Roche blocks the release of a liquid needed for testing corona: "one of those materials would be good for laboratories to make themselves," writes Follow the Money. It's the 'lysis buffer', a special liquid that can break open cells to release genetic material. The exact recipe is only known to Roche, but so far the manufacturer has not disclosed it to laboratories. The question of Follow the Money of Roche is prepared to do so because of the coronacrisis, did not receive an answer". Sorry to inform you. Are the Chines able to help? All the best Carl
Rasha Salah
University of Baghdad
By staying at home and using good hygiene practices
Ali Raza
Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences
Yes strongly agree. Stay at home. Stay safe and healthy
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Ali Raza Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Rasha Salah Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Carl HD Steinmetz Thank you for your comment and contribution, really I appreciate that. Thanks a lot. I totally agree with you
Qusay Kh. Al-Dulamey
University of Mosul
Follow the instructions
Including a summary of the home or region, such as washing hands before and after all 20 seconds
Place the mask on the face with fogging and sterilization of the home or public place
Using immune fruits and vegetables
Home insulation
Commitment to these decisions makes you safe and reduces the spread of the epidemic
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Qusay Kh. Al-Dulamey Thank you so much for your comment and contribution, really really thanks. I totally agree with you.
Peshawa O. Hama
Sulaimani Polytechnic University
DO THE FIVE
Help stop coronavirus
  1. HANDS Wash them often
  2. ELBOW Cough into it
  3. FACE Don't touch it
  4. SPACE Keep safe distance
  5. HOME. Stay if you can
Atheer Salih Mahdi
University Of Kufa
People don't cometted, they are pride by breacking curfew, so I am very pessimistic. Let god help us.
Jules SADEFO KAMDEM
Université de Montpellier
hydroxychloroquine et remdesivir
Lamia Mustafa Al-Naama
University of Basrah
Definitly
Stay at home and follow proper hygiene Instructions
Jules SADEFO KAMDEM
Université de Montpellier
For Covid-19 treatment
see the following
Harasit Kumar Paul
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University
As there is no cure, only preventive measures are all that could make an end to the pandemic. Staying at home, avoidance of mass gathering, maintaining social distance, balance diet with additional citrus fruits and personal protective measures might help in preventing the spread of SARS-CoV2 virus infection (COVID-19).
Harasit Kumar Paul
Sorry, I failed to understand your message so I answered from a different perspective. I assume after the COVID-19 pandemic, the world will certainly fall into a long-term downturn in economic activity. All of the countries will concentrate on their own national issues, there will be a massive increase of jobless manpower and the flow of funds will be a real problem. What could be the measures only economists know.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Harasit Kumar Paul Thank you so much for your comment and contribution, really really thanks.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Jules SADEFO KAMDEM Thank you so much for your comment and contribution, really really thanks.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Lamia Mustafa Al-Naama Thank you so much for your comment and contribution, really really thanks.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Atheer Salih Mahdi Thank you so much for your comment and contribution, really really thanks.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Peshawa O. Hama Thank you so much for your comment and contribution, really really thanks.
Amjed L. Jabbar
University of Diyala
in terms of facing a crisis, there is no dispute of this though humanity is praying with the hope that it is to be short-termed one. to face it, abide by a full quarantine, be consent to hygienic practices, and be a big fan of social distance strategy.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. Amjed L. Jabbar Thank you so much for your comment and contribution, really really thanks.
ميان ابراهيم
University of Mosul
الالتزام بالحجر الصحي
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Dear Dr. ميان ابراهيم Thank you so much for your comment and contribution, really really thanks.
Amjed L. Jabbar
University of Diyala
Manal Hadi Kanaan, you are very welcome DR.
Manal Hadi Kanaan
Middle Technical University
Thanks a lot Dr. Amjed L. Jabbar
Jahid hasan Shourove
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology
First of all, we have to faith in only one Almighty Allah.
At this stage, we have to eat more nutritious and natural fruits containing antioxidants. Like as- different citrus fruits may heal our body. Consumption of this natural fruits may help to produce antibodies in our bodu against the covid 19.

In recent years the scientific community has shown a vivid interest in the network structure and dynamics of real-life organized systems. Many such systems, covering an extremely wide range of applications, have been recently shown to exhibit scale-free character in their connectivity distribution, meaning that they obey a power law. Modeling of ep...
This paper reports on a case of ophidian paramyxovirus (OPMV) in a collection snakes in Victoria, Australia and a wider epidemic in several other Australian collections. Further reported is the history leading to the first diagnosis, including the means of infection, location of the original source of the infection and by investigation the source o...