Started 30th Aug, 2018

British Journal of Guidance and Counselling Word Count

Just wanting to clarify something. In the note to authors it mentions references are to be included in the word count. Does this mean just the in text references or does it mean the entire reference list also?

Barimah Solomon Jil
University of Cape Coast
Pls what is the word count for BJGC?

All replies (4)

31st Aug, 2018
Madhav Gajananrao Raje
Mahakali Polyclinic, Ayodhya nagar, Nagpur India
Dear Samantha,
Usually referances or list of references are not included in word count of text. Many Journals don't allow mention of author's and other details of reference to be written in the text. One has to write only number of that particular reference, I hope, you know it.
Inclusion of word count of references in the main text is not well heard of. May be some peculiar Journal would do so as a special case or due to constraints of space.
31st Aug, 2018
Mary V. Seeman
University of Toronto
They mean the entire reference list.
Stephen Palmer
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
In general, when in doubt I've emailed a journal editor to confirm their guidelines. In this case I am on the BJGC editorial board and I'm aware that the editors have always done their best to provide guidance to potential contributors.

How to add a journal not present in the Add research journal drop-down list?
Question
  • Deleted profile
It seems like Research Gate doesn't know about the journal Health Economics Review (https://healtheconomicsreview.biomedcentral.com/). If I click on "Add research", it's not in the journal drop-down list. I can't find any way to add a journal that isn't in the drop-down list, and you can only choose among journals in the list.
Did anyone figure out how to resolve this issue?
Kind regards,
Sixten
I need a detail explanation about Boltzmann plot and Modified Boltzmann plot method for Texc and Te calculation respectively for noble gasses?
Question
Be the first to answer
  • Zahid Iqbal KhattakZahid Iqbal Khattak
Recently I have submitted a research article to the journal Plasma Physics Report under the title ' Correlation between Langmuir probe and spectroscopic temperatures in inductively coupled Neon-Argon mixture plasma ". In this paper I have calculated electron temperature by LP and electron temperature (modified Boltzmann plot) and excitation temperature (Boltzmann plot) from OES recorded spectra of Neon-Argon ICP. Pressure range is from 1 to 10 Pa and rf power is varied from 5 to 100 watt with increment of 5.
One of the referee comment "On the terminology. The artificially introduced “temperatures” are assigned to the Partial Local Thermal Equilibrium (PLTE) plasma model. If the parameter T describes the population of a levels relative to that of the ground level, it is then called the “excitation temperature”. If T in the Boltzmann formulae related only for a limited group of excited levels, it is referred to as the “distribution temperature”. This is an essentially different as to the equilibrium state. The details one can find in [Vladimir N. Ochkin. Spectroscopy of Low temperature Plasma. WILEY-VCH, (2008)];" for which I don't have fined answer.
Many researchers have work on calculation of excitation and electron temperature by Boltzmann and modified Boltzmann plot method, but no detail explanation about the population density is given by them.
Please directed me to some articles or books which consist off detail about this.