Question
Asked 30th Sep, 2022

Are there any applications of the dynamical systems to climate change?

Please, I need, if available, some important research papers which relate the theory of dynamical systems to climate change. Also, in general, I know there are a lot of published research articles that relate dynamical systems to many applications. But, are there papers that research centers and governments depend on that before taking any procedures? I mean, are there papers, especially on climate change and the environment, which are not only in theory but have practical applications?

1st Oct, 2022
Mahmoud H. A. Saleh
Assiut University
Thanks all for your fruitful answers!

1st Oct, 2022
Roghayeh Zardosht
Sabzevar University of Medical Sciences
i don't have any research papers which relate the theory of dynamical systems to climate change.
1st Oct, 2022
Alaaeddin Moussa
Qassim University
my dear..
I think this person is interested in this field.
According to my experience communicating with them will give you a good result.
Dynamical Models for Climate Change
Dargan M. W. Frierson1
(1)Department of Atmospheric Sciences, University of Washington, 351640, 98195-1640 Seattle, WA, USA.
1st Oct, 2022
Ricardo Simão Pereira Lopes
Federal University of Minas Gerais
Fellow researcher,
Chaos theory, which is a branch of dynamical systems was founded by the study of the Lorenz attractor (butterfly diagram). Edward Lorenz was a meteorologist and this attractor was introduced by him as a consequence of its simplified mathematical model for atmospheric convection. So yes, climate study and dynamical systems are interlinked since the beginning and I recommend Strogatz's "Nonlinear Dynamics And Chaos" for a overview with applications to climate change or "Nonlinear Dynamics in Weather and Climate" for a more specialized text. It is worth to mention that climate change also involve stochastic processes so consulting also works like "Stochastic resonance in climatic change" is important for you repertoire.
Which you have fun and have success in your studies.
1st Oct, 2022
Mahmoud H. A. Saleh
Assiut University
Thanks all for your fruitful answers!

Almost all climate time series have some degree of nonstationarity due to external forces of the observed system. Therefore, these external forces should be taken into account when reconstructing the climate dynamics. This paper presents a novel technique in predicting nonstationary time series. The main difference of this new technique from some p...
Many scientists have called for a substantial new investment in climate modeling to increase the accuracy, precision, and reliability of climate predictions. Such investments are often justified by asserting that failure to improve predictions will prevent society from adapting successfully to changing climate. This Forum questions these claims, su...
Radiocarbon dates of volcanic activity suggest variations that appear to be related to climatic changes. Historical eruption records also show variations on the scale of years to centuries. These records can be combined with simple climatic models to estimate the impact of various volcanic activity levels. From this analysis it appears that climati...