Early Years An International Journal of Research and Development (Early Years Int J Res Dev)
The importance of early childhood education and care in providing the foundations for lifelong learning is now widely acknowledged. Early Years: An International Journal of Research and Development aims to broaden the international debate about the best provision for young children by representing a wide range of perspectives from different countries, different disciplines and different research methodologies. As the official journal of TACTYC (Training, Advancement and Co-operation in Teaching Young Children), Early Years publishes up-to-date papers on all issues associated with early years education. It particularly seeks to publish papers on issues related to the training, education and continuing professional development of all early years practitioners including managers, support staff, qualified teachers and higher education academics teaching on early childhood courses and specialisms. The editors welcome original, rigorous and clearly written contributions, in English, which: report on research projects; review work across an area of research; present a detailed analysis of the experiences of individuals or small groups; explore new approaches to the publication of knowledge about working with young children There is a growing diversity of approaches to training early years practitioners for complex and demanding work within multi professional teams and with families from diverse social and cultural backgrounds. Papers which compare the experiences, development needs and responsibilities of children, parents and practitioners in different kinds of setting and in different contexts are particularly welcome. TACTYC has sought for nearly 20 years, through its Journal and related activities, to provide a voice for all educators who work with young children. As a professional association with its own membership, TACTYC lobbies for the raising of standards in early years provision and promotes discussion of all issues associated with the training and development of early years practitioners. Further details are available from: TACTYC The Barn Vicars Hill Leigh Worcester WR6 5LA Tel: 01886 833156.
Current impact factor: 0.00
Impact Factor Rankings
|Website||Early Years: An International Journal of Research and Development website|
|Other titles||Early years (London, England: Online)|
|Material type||Document, Periodical, Internet resource|
|Document type||Internet Resource, Computer File, Journal / Magazine / Newspaper|
- Author can archive a pre-print version
- Author can archive a post-print version
- Some individual journals may have policies prohibiting pre-print archiving
- On author's personal website or departmental website immediately
- On institutional repository or subject-based repository after a 18 months embargo
- Publisher's version/PDF cannot be used
- On a non-profit server
- Published source must be acknowledged
- Must link to publisher version
- Set statements to accompany deposits (see policy)
- The publisher will deposit in on behalf of authors to a designated institutional repository including PubMed Central, where a deposit agreement exists with the repository
- SSH: Social Science and Humanities
- Publisher last contacted on 25/03/2014
- This policy is an exception to the default policies of 'Taylor & Francis (Routledge)'
Publications in this journal
Data provided are for informational purposes only. Although carefully collected, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The impact factor represents a rough estimation of the journal's impact factor and does not reflect the actual current impact factor. Publisher conditions are provided by RoMEO. Differing provisions from the publisher's actual policy or licence agreement may be applicable.