Three PostDoc Positions in Root Phenomics
- Tucson, United States
Postdoctoral Research Associate positions are available in the Computational Plant Science Lab of Dr. Alexander Bucksch in the School of Plant Sciences. The research focus of the computational plant science lab is root phenomics. Therefore, successful applicants will develop computational phenotyping tools to discover and investigate unknown phenotypes, investigate their function within agricultural settings, particularly addressing drought and heat environments.
The ideal candidate has a clear vision of their own path and is willing to work in one or more of the root phenotyping projects in the lab. It is also expected that the candidate is part of the mentoring team for undergraduate and graduate students in the lab.
Salary: $60,000+ per year depending on expierience
The optional possibility to build a teaching record is given to the successful applicant.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
- Ph.D. in plant biology, computer science, engineering, or other disciplines relevant to plant phenotyping by time of hire.
- A cross-trained PhD between technical and life science disciplines relevant to plant phenotyping. For example, degrees in electronics and plant breeding, computer science and biology, or any other technical/life science combinations.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
- Bioinformatic Programming
- Computer Science
- Agricultural Science
- Soil Science Jobs
- Soil Science Jobs in United States
- Classical Philology Jobs
- Classical Philology Jobs in United States
- Bioinformatics Jobs
- Bioinformatics Jobs in United States
- Ecology Jobs
- Ecology Jobs in United States
- Agricultural Plant Science Jobs
- Agricultural Plant Science Jobs in United States
- Evolutionary Biology Jobs
- Evolutionary Biology Jobs in United States
- Genetics Jobs
- Genetics Jobs in United States
- Molecular Biology Jobs
- Molecular Biology Jobs in United States
- Systematics (Taxonomy) Jobs
- Systematics (Taxonomy) Jobs in United States
- Animal Science Jobs
- Animal Science Jobs in United States
- Computing in Mathematics, Natural Science, Engineering and Medicine Jobs
- Computing in Mathematics, Natural Science, Engineering and Medicine Jobs in United States
- Dentistry Jobs
- Dentistry Jobs in United States
- Databases Jobs
- Databases Jobs in United States
- Data Mining Jobs
- Data Mining Jobs in United States
- Software Engineering Jobs
- Software Engineering Jobs in United States
- English Literature Jobs
- English Literature Jobs in United States
- Literary Theory Jobs
- Literary Theory Jobs in United States
- Genetic Epidemiology Jobs
- Genetic Epidemiology Jobs in United States
- Orthodontics Jobs
- Orthodontics Jobs in United States
- Periodontics Jobs
- Periodontics Jobs in United States
- Computational Physics Jobs
- Computational Physics Jobs in United States
- Materials Science Jobs
- Materials Science Jobs in United States
- Computer Architecture Jobs
- Computer Architecture Jobs in United States
- Data Structures Jobs
- Data Structures Jobs in United States
- Research Jobs in United States