Multiple Research Faculty Positions at Institute for the Future Education - Educational Psychology, Quantitative Social Sciences, Social Statistics, or related areas.
- Monterrey, Mexico
The Institute for the future of Education (https://tec.mx/en/ife) was established to be a leading global institute for knowledge creation, dissemination, and application, on educational innovation in higher education and lifelong learning, to improve the lives of millions of people around the world. The Institute provides the platform for interdisciplinary research and development, collaborations with innovation champions to improve educational systems and practices, and experimentation and disruptive solutions to enhance the quality, flexibility, accessibility, and affordability of higher education and lifelong learning.
The Research Lab of the Institute for the Future of Education (IFE) presents an exciting opportunity for both junior and senior professors to develop and lead research activities to transform education within Tecnologico de Monterrey and beyond.
The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership skills, scientific appreciation and sensitivity, communication and networking skills, a vast network of stakeholders, and a passion for embracing our dream to carry out promising and exciting challenges.
● Must have earned a Ph.D. degree in Educational Psychology, Quantitative Social Sciences, Social Statistics, or related areas. Ph.D. in another discipline with proven experience in the application of quantitative methods and psychometrics in education or social sciences.
● Experience in research projects and/or academic activities in the area of Education or educational innovation in any discipline with an emphasis on projects related to psychological and educational assessment techniques or measuring cognitive and affective constructs.
● A substantial academic publication record in high-impact journals for the last five years.
● Advanced level in English language proficiency: CEFR level B2 or 550 TOEFL points, although preference will be given to CEFR level C1 or TOEFL 600 points. A sufficient level of Spanish proficiency is desirable but not required.
● At least three years of teaching experience in prestigious national or international universities or having worked as a researcher in a research center with some teaching responsibilities.
● Member of the National System of CONACyT Researchers in Mexico or equivalent credentials.
● Preference will be given to persons who have outstanding leadership potential and commitment to developing an exciting and innovative research agenda to produce high scientific impact, technology development, or opportunities to develop technology-based entrepreneurship.
● A team player open to interdisciplinary collaboration.
● Secure external research funds.
● Publication of articles in Q1-Q2 journals as first author and in collaboration with international peers.
● Participation as advisor in the graduate programs of the institution.
● Teaching 25% of their time in an academic school of the candidate’s discipline at Tec de Monterrey.
● Participation in national and international research networks and events.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package is provided as well.
The Institute for the Future of Education is composed of various Research Groups, a Research Lab (RL), a Living Lab & Data Hub (LL&DH), an EdTech incubator and accelerator, an Observatory of Educational Innovation, an International Conference on Educational Innovation, and several other Educational Innovation initiatives.
Our university is 161st in the world, one of the Top 5 in Latin America and Top 30 of the private universities in the world, according to the QS World University Ranking. The Times Higher Education World University Ranking considers it #1 in Mexico and #5 in Latin America. In addition, our university has been accredited since 1953 by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools of the United States. For more information about Tecnologico de Monterrey, please visit: https://www.tec.mx/en
Email cover letter, CV, and two letters of reference to Martha Junia Navarro email@example.com
At Tec de Monterrey we act under the principle of equal opportunities. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnic origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, health status, religious beliefs, political doctrine, or disability.
- Pedagogy & Education Research
- Gender Studies
- Social Science Jobs
- Social Science Jobs in Mexico
- Economic Sociology Jobs
- Economic Sociology Jobs in Mexico
- Pedagogic Theory Jobs
- Pedagogic Theory Jobs in Mexico
- Teacher Education Jobs
- Teacher Education Jobs in Mexico
- Teaching Methods Jobs
- Teaching Methods Jobs in Mexico
- Quantitative Social Research Jobs
- Quantitative Social Research Jobs in Mexico
- Cultural Anthropology Jobs
- Cultural Anthropology Jobs in Mexico
- Research Jobs in Mexico