Multiple Research Faculty Positions at Institute for the Future Education -Neuroeducation, STEM Education, Discipline-Based Education, Engineering design, Industrial design, product design or related areas
- Monterrey, Mexico
The Institute for the future of Education (https://tec.mx/en/ife) was established to be a leading global institute for knowledge creation, dissemination, and application, on educational innovation in higher education and lifelong learning, to improve the lives of millions of people around the world.
The Institute for the Future of Education is composed of various Research Groups, a Research Lab (RL), a Living Lab & Data Hub (LL&DH), an EdTech incubator and accelerator, an Observatory of Educational Innovation, an International Conference on Educational Innovation, and several other Educational Innovation initiatives.
The Research Lab invites ambitious researchers of all seniorities to apply for professor positions to develop world-class interdisciplinary research in higher education and lifelong learning by collaborating within its units. The Competence-based education, Engaging and motivating educational models and Educational Technology units of the RL develop research studies and intervention projects on target topics that connect higher education with the workforce and the labor market, provide the frameworks and evidence for educational models centered on engaging learning, and research on the use and impact of technology in education in face-to-face, blended, or distance learning environments.
The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership skills, scientific appreciation and sensitivity, communication and networking skills, a vast network of stakeholders, and a passion for embracing our dream to carry out promising and exciting challenges.
We are looking for several researchers in the following fields:
● Ph.D. degree in Neuroeducation, Educational Neurosciences, or related areas. Ph.D. in another discipline with proven experience in neuroeducation or educational neurosciences. Experience in research projects and/or academic activities in the area of neuroeducation or neuroengineering experimental studies.
● Ph.D. degree in STEM Education or related fields such as Engineering Education or Science Education. Ph.D. in Education with a bachelor's degree and/or master's degree in engineering, science, or STEM. Ph.D. in one STEM area with proven experience in discipline-based education. Experience in research projects and/or academic activities in the area of Engineering, science, or STEM education and related areas. Preference will be given to those who have worked on evidence-based practices that improve teaching and learning in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines projects.
● Ph.D. degree in Computing education or Education with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an area of computer science or related area. Ph.D. in an area of computer science with vast experience in computing education research. Experience in research projects and/or academic activities in the area of Computing education and related areas. Preference will be given to those who have worked on competence-related educational projects.
● Ph.D. degree in Engineering education or Education with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an area of engineering. Ph.D. in an area of engineering with vast experience in engineering education research. Experience in research projects and/or academic activities in the area of Engineering education and related areas. Preference will be given to those who have worked on competence-related educational projects.
● Ph.D. degree in Engineering design, Industrial design, product design or related areas. Experience in research projects and/or academic activities in the area of designs whose results are products of the transformation of a concept or prototype into a usable article for clients.
Additionally, we need candidates with:
● A substantial academic publication record in high-impact journals for the last five years.
● Advanced level in English language proficiency: CEFR level B2 or 550 TOEFL points, although preference will be given to CEFR level C1 or TOEFL 600 points. A sufficient level of Spanish proficiency is desirable but not required.
● At least three years of teaching experience in prestigious national or international universities or having worked as a researcher in a research center with some teaching responsibilities.
● Member of the National System of CONACyT Researchers in Mexico or equivalent credentials.
● Preference will be given to persons who have outstanding leadership potential and commitment to developing an exciting and innovative research agenda to produce high scientific impact, technology development, or opportunities to develop technology-based entrepreneurship.
● A team player open to interdisciplinary collaboration.
● Secure external research funds.
● Publication of articles in Q1-Q2 journals as first author and in collaboration with international peers.
● Participation as advisor in the graduate programs of the institution.
● Teaching 25% of their time in an academic school of the candidate’s discipline at Tec de Monterrey.
● Participation in national and international research networks and events.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package is provided as well.
Our university is 161st in the world, one of the Top 5 in Latin America and Top 30 of the private universities in the world, according to the QS World University Ranking. The Times Higher Education World University Ranking considers it #1 in Mexico and #5 in Latin America. In addition, our university has been accredited since 1953 by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools of the United States. For more information about Tecnologico de Monterrey, please visit: https://www.tec.mx/en
Email cover letter, CV, and two letters of reference to Martha Junia Navarro firstname.lastname@example.org
At Tec de Monterrey we act under the principle of equal opportunities. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnic origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, health status, religious beliefs, political doctrine, or disability.
- Cognitive Science
- Behavioral Science
- Cellular Neuroscience
- Cell Biology Jobs
- Cell Biology Jobs in Mexico
- Neuroscience Jobs
- Neuroscience Jobs in Mexico
- Architectural Engineering Jobs
- Architectural Engineering Jobs in Mexico
- Structural Engineering Jobs
- Structural Engineering Jobs in Mexico
- Behavioural Science Jobs
- Behavioural Science Jobs in Mexico
- Clinical Psychology Jobs
- Clinical Psychology Jobs in Mexico
- Cognitive Psychology Jobs
- Cognitive Psychology Jobs in Mexico
- Cognitive Science Jobs
- Cognitive Science Jobs in Mexico
- Research Jobs in Mexico