Join our team at the KWS Gateway Research Center (GRC) where we innovate and create solutions for our breeding units across our KWS network will strengthen our position in the global plant research community. We are seeking to hire a Senior Research Associate for our New Cell-based Technology team on a permanent, full-time basis in St. Louis, MO, USA.
Who you are:
As a Sr. Research Associate, you utilize your multiple technical skills in cellular tissue culture and perform assignments that develop your professional work knowledge and abilities. You demonstrate your experience with plant cell biology and plant biotechnology, and exceptional skills in plant tissue/cell culture and regeneration, and genetic transformation. You identify problems and find solutions in the areas of expertise. Through your knowledge and skills, you make a difference in seed technology research, advancing knowledge, and improving product development efficiency resulting in a competitive advantage for KWS.
What you do:
- Conduct experiments consisting of several methods or practices according to protocol with accuracy while meeting requirements.
- Maintain accurate, detailed, timely, and organized records of experimental conditions, data, and results.
- Contribute to analysis of technical data and adaption of routine methods according to assignment needs.
- Optimize specific work processes as needed for specific methods and practices by assisting in the identification of problems and providing input on potential solutions.
- Design effective workflows for specific methods within an experiment, planning individual timelines, and adapting approaches to match shifting demands in close collaboration with the supervisor.
- Operate, maintain and clean equipment, maintain and/or order supplies, and manage waste.
- Demonstrate leadership to build effective partnerships on technical programs and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Comply with and participate in the development of work instructions that outline methods and practices to be applied.
Your Skills and Competences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent; or other technical qualification with 2 years of laboratory experience.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly, concisely, and accurately in English.
- Ability to follow protocol, visually observe, and clearly document and maintain laboratory records to generate reproducible results.
- Demonstrated interest in participating in new technology development striving for technical excellence through collaboration, self-improvement, and an open mind.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary (between 55,000 and $65,000 based on qualifications)
- 20 days of PTO
- 401(k) with employer match and a pension plan; health, dental, vision benefits
- An international and diverse team
- Professional training and development opportunities, tuition reimbursement
Grow your career forward by submitting your application online via our online application system SuccessFactors! Please click the “Apply” button which you can find in the online ad.
- Plant Biology
- Cell Culture
- Plant Breeding & Plant Genetics
- Botany Jobs
- Botany Jobs in United States
- Cell Biology Jobs
- Cell Biology Jobs in United States
- Agricultural Plant Science Jobs
- Agricultural Plant Science Jobs in United States
- Genetics Jobs
- Genetics Jobs in United States
- Molecular Biology Jobs
- Molecular Biology Jobs in United States
- Research Jobs in United States