Liquid Handling Scientist at NIH
- Axle Informatics
- Washington, D.C., United States
Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Scientist join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Vaccine Research Center (VRC) for Vaccine Immunology Program(VIP)
- Support clinical trials and research, develop new assays, techniques and programs that optimize the use of various robotics and automated platforms.
- Adopt, optimize, and schedule binding and neutralization assays on automated liquid handling systems such as the Biomek i7.
- Schedule, document, and maintain cell lines for assays.
- Train other analysts to run various assays including any special training needed for protocols in a GCLP environment.
- Follow approved SOPs to complete testing of samples in an organized, aseptic, high-throughput manner.
- Work collaboratively with team members and collaborators to complete all tasks for the day, but also be accountable as an individual for personal tasks.
- Uphold rapid turn-around times of specimen samples by effectively managing resources while maintaining high standards of accuracy.
- Utilize various laboratory equipment such as Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC), centrifuge, pipettes, liquid nitrogen tank, and others.
- Work with dry ice, freezers, and liquid nitrogen tanks to store clinical samples, and perform clinical testing in a BSL-2 environment while always wearing appropriate PPE.
- Contribute to new SOP creation and process improvements.
Experience Required / Requirements
- Ph.D. preferred or M.S. with 3+ years of experience in a BSL-2 laboratory.
- Experience performing cell culture, neutralization assays, and other serology assays.
- Experience working with automated liquid handlers.
- Understanding of phase-gated assay development and bioanalytical method validation.
- Experience with utilizing Beckman Coulter automated liquid handling software such as SAMI and
- History of leadership, demonstrating the ability to train peers and schedule testing demands.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- IT skills to utilize LIMS, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Experience in a GCLP environment and IATA infectious substance A and B shipping certification a plus.
- Proactive Problem Solving – Anticipates potential issues and innovates to resolve them
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Detail oriented while performing laboratory tasks
- Ability to perform under time constraints and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills to work with and train team members
- Follows directions and protocols without deviations
- Critical thinking to optimize workflows
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Molecular Biology Jobs
- Molecular Biology Jobs in United States
- Medicinal Chemistry Jobs
- Medicinal Chemistry Jobs in United States
- Organic Chemistry Jobs
- Organic Chemistry Jobs in United States
- Pharmacology Jobs
- Pharmacology Jobs in United States
- Clinical Pharmacology Jobs
- Clinical Pharmacology Jobs in United States
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs in United States
- Research Jobs in United States