mRNA R&D Scientist
- Nature's Toolbox
- Rio Rancho, United States
NTx is a bioinformatics and biomanufacturing company that advances medical products and material sciences with cell-free, innovative biomanufacturing solutions. The company is commercializing its biomanufacturing systems NTxpress®, NTxscribe® and the bioinformatics platform, DruID, for the discovery of natural products. NTx’s proprietary continuous-flow, fully recombinant, in vitro, cell-free transcription system utilizes hollow fiber bioreactors to support the growing demand for mRNA-based vaccines and therapeutics. NTx’s biomanufacturing processes can easily be scaled to meet fluctuating supply needs so that companies can increase and streamline production as they respond to changing global demands.
At Nature’s Toolbox, as part of the mRNA research team, you will be actively contributing to the development, establishment, and optimization of mRNA production processes. Your main focus will be on manufacturing and purification of modified nucleoside/nucleotide building blocks as well as their evaluation in in vitro transcription reactions.
Your day-to-day tasks will include, but are not limited to:
· Development and optimization of RNA- and RNA building blocks manufacturing and purification processes in an R&D environment;
· Working with RNA/DNA, HPLC, FPLC, gel electrophoresis and enzymes;
· Biochemical characterization of enzymes involved in these processes;
· Planning, conducting and evaluating experiments;
· Technology transfer of methods and processes to our mRNA and/or protein production teams.
· A university degree in biochemistry, biology, chemistry, pharmacy or closely related field; preferably Ph. D., if M. Sc. / B. Sc., then with at least five years of experience working in R&D;
· Proven track record that shows ability to work independently, e. g. by publications/patents;
· Good knowledge of methods/technologies in the field of RNA production, RNA purification (e.g. chromatography) and RNA analytics;
· HPLC, FPLC experience, MS skills a plus;
- Relevant industry experience
- Good oral and written communication
- Teamwork work as part of a highly motivated team
- Strong problem-Solving skills
- Comfortable with a fast-paced setting and sometimes changing priorities
This position is located in Rio Rancho, NM.
To learn more, visit www.ntxbio.com
Nature’s Toolbox Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
NTx is not accepting unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to NTx, including unsolicited resumes sent to a NTx mailing address, email address, directly to NTx employees, or to NTx's resume database will be considered NTx property. NTx will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
NTx will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
- Bioprocess & Biosystems Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Food Science Jobs
- Food Science Jobs in United States
- Molecular Biology Jobs
- Molecular Biology Jobs in United States
- Biochemistry Jobs
- Biochemistry Jobs in United States
- Chemical Biology Jobs
- Chemical Biology Jobs in United States
- Biosystems Engineering Jobs
- Biosystems Engineering Jobs in United States
- Chemistry Jobs
- Chemistry Jobs in United States
- Medicine Jobs
- Medicine Jobs in United States
- Biology Jobs
- Biology Jobs in United States
- Research Jobs in United States