The University of Texas at Austin Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering (CAEE) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the assistant professor level. We seek candidates with experimental and/or computational research expertise in the area of biotechnology with applications relevant to environmental engineering. Candidates from all areas of environmental biotechnology including synthetic biology, systems biology, and bioprocess engineering, are encouraged to apply. Research topics of interest include, but are not limited to, water reuse, emerging pollutant destruction, pathogen control, resource recovery, energy conversion, and carbon capture.
The successful candidate is expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses to a diverse student population in the CAEE department, develop a sustainable sponsored research program, mentor graduate students, collaborate with other faculty from a wide range of backgrounds within and outside of the CAEE department, and be involved in service to the university and the profession. Strong preference will be given to applicants at the assistant professor rank, although truly exceptional candidates at higher ranks may also be considered.
The CAEE department, Cockrell School of Engineering, and the University of Texas at Austin are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment. We are interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity, equity and inclusion at UT Austin through their research, teaching, and service activities.
The CAEE department has over 55 faculty and is currently ranked amongst the top-ranked graduate and undergraduate programs in both civil and environmental engineering by US News and World Report. Faculty in CAEE have access to state-of-the-art, internationally recognized research and computational facilities, including the Center for Water and the Environment, the Center for Energy and Environmental Resources, the Bureau of Economic Geology, the Marine Science Institute, and the Texas Advanced Computing Center.
Applicants must have an earned Ph.D. degree, or be enrolled in a Ph.D. program in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or other relevant discipline at the time of application.
Interested and qualified individuals should submit materials in electronic form to https://www.caee.utexas.edu/people/faculty/job-opening. Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2022.
- Cover letter — the cover letter should be addressed to: Chair, Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering.
- Curriculum Vitae—including academic and professional experience and a list of publications.
- Statement of Research— including past research accomplishments and outlining areas of technical expertise that complement the department’s strategic plan and vision (available at https://www.caee.utexas.edu/about/strategic-vision).
- Statement of Teaching — including prior teaching experience, teaching philosophy, and future teaching interests.
- Statement describing past contributions and future plans for promoting diversity equity and inclusion (DEI) through research, teaching, mentoring, and/or service. The Cockrell School’s DEI plan is available at https://cockrell.utexas.edu/about/diversity-and-inclusion/plan. UT Austin’s Strategic Plan for Equity and Diversity can be found here https://diversity.utexas.edu/actionplan/
- The names and e-mail addresses of a minimum of three references for assistant professors. Higher ranks must provide at least five references.
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Biotechnology Jobs
- Biotechnology Jobs in United States
- Waste Management Jobs
- Waste Management Jobs in United States
- Bioinformatics Jobs
- Bioinformatics Jobs in United States
- Cell Biology Jobs
- Cell Biology Jobs in United States
- Physiology Jobs
- Physiology Jobs in United States
- Biochemistry Jobs
- Biochemistry Jobs in United States
- Software Engineering Jobs
- Software Engineering Jobs in United States
- Architectural Engineering Jobs
- Architectural Engineering Jobs in United States
- Bioengineering Jobs
- Bioengineering Jobs in United States
- Environmental Engineering Jobs
- Environmental Engineering Jobs in United States
- Structural Engineering Jobs
- Structural Engineering Jobs in United States
- Research Jobs in United States