RadiaSoft is seeking a mid-career scientist or engineer with experience in particle accelerator technology and control systems.
RadiaSoft aims to fundamentally advance existing particle accelerator technologies. We provide computational support for scientific experiments, use machine learning techniques for anomaly detection at operational facilities, use simulation codes and domain expertise to develop on-line models for real-time applications, and develop novel software for solving complex problems in accelerator science. RadiaSoft projects are multidisciplinary and multi-institution, so teamwork and good communication skills are crucial.
- Take the lead on active projects
- Assist with proposal writing
- Collaborate with scientists at national labs
- Present results to customers
- Present your work at academic conferences
- Publish peer-reviewed articles
The anticipated start date for this position is prior to December 1, 2022.
Qualifications and Skills:
- MS or PhD in engineering or physics
- 3+ years experience with particle accelerator operations or design
- Authorization to work in the United States
Expertise in control systems, low-level rf, and rf modeling is also desired.
Other areas of interest include the following, with an emphasis on computation, modeling and design: beam-plasma and laser-plasma interactions, electromagnetic structures, optical systems, particle scattering and transport, high-power lasers, and diagnostics.
Note: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and drive necessary to succeed at RadiaSoft to apply for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
The base compensation range of this role is $90,000 - $135,000 per year, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. What we cannot quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. The successful applicant will be eligible for an annual performance bonus.
RadiaSoft offers a friendly, supportive, team-oriented culture, competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, short-term and long-term disability, a 401k with 6% one-to-one employer matching, and flexible hours. The company provides paid vacation and sick time, paid time for volunteering and a generous family leave policy. Up to $6,000 is provided for relocation assistance to the Boulder-Denver metro area.
RadiaSoft is committed to developing a diverse workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status or military service.
RadiaSoft follows CDC guidelines, federal rules and all applicable laws in regard to COVID-19 vaccination and office masking policies. Employees are working from home and from our headquarters office in Boulder, Colorado.
- Accelerator Physics
- Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- Manufacturing Engineering Jobs in United States
- Accelerator Physics Jobs
- Accelerator Physics Jobs in United States
- Educational Management Jobs
- Educational Management Jobs in United States
- Higher Education Jobs
- Higher Education Jobs in United States
- Industrial Engineering Jobs
- Industrial Engineering Jobs in United States
- Elementary Particle Physics Jobs
- Elementary Particle Physics Jobs in United States
- Research Jobs in United States