Scientist - Protein Development
- Nature's Toolbox
- Rio Rancho, United States
NTx is a bioinformatics and biomanufacturing company that advances medical products and material sciences with cell-free, innovative biomanufacturing solutions. The company is commercializing its biomanufacturing systems NTxpress®, NTxscribe® and the bioinformatics platform, DruID, for the discovery of natural products. NTx’s proprietary continuous-flow, fully recombinant, in vitro, cell-free transcription system utilizes hollow fiber bioreactors to support the growing demand for mRNA-based vaccines and therapeutics. NTx’s biomanufacturing processes can easily be scaled to meet fluctuating supply needs so that companies can increase and streamline production as they respond to changing global demands.
Nature’s Toolbox (NTx) in Rio Rancho, NM, is establishing a Protein Team to discover and produce enzymes for use in using NTx’ innovative cell-free platforms for production of mRNA, saRNA, proteins, and other biologics. We want to rethink how biologics are manufactured and replace the status quo.
The Scientist, Protein Development is responsible for research and process development in our enzyme program using conventional fermentation and purification methods. This position will provide support in producing and isolating enzymes to support the NTxscribe and NTxpress platforms. The position also will support the eventual recovery of products produced by NTx platforms. The scientist will provide scientific and technical expertise for the scale up of the enzyme purification processes for the manufacture of enzymes to be used in the manufacture clinical and commercial products. Since this team young, your knowledge and scientific work can shape the future of the team. At NTx, all departments work closely together for project planning and timeline development. This role follows current technical and quality principles, exhibits good laboratory practices, documentation and values a safe working environment.
- Provide scientific expertise and hands-on protein purification experience to help lead the purification of enzymes/proteins for NTx.
- Plan and conduct standard enzyme/protein purification experiments using chromatography, tangential flow filtration, diafiltration, and various other techniques.
- Support development of in-house assays to support enzyme development.
- Optimize enzyme production in support of our NTxscribe and NTxpress platforms.
- Maintain and be responsible for the enzyme/protein purification development laboratories.
- Support laboratory and pilot plant equipment selection for enzyme purification.
- Develop SOPs and guidelines for working in a development and GLP environment.
- Coordinate with other teams to optimize RNA constructs to reach company goals.
- Work proactively to find opportunities for continuous improvement in protocols and procedures to improve data and to drive project results forward.
- Help maintain laboratory equipment following applicable guidelines (SOP, GLP, safety).
- Write protocols, compile SOPs, record, organize and document data.
- Provide training for other team members to ensure redundancy in execution of protocols and assays.
- Communicate successfully across teams and present important results to members and management.
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Biochemistry, Life Sciences, or any other related subject area preferred.
Your Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years working in a development laboratory environment required.
- Expertise with isolating and purifying proteins/enzymes from fermentation/cell culture broths.
- Expertise and knowledge in process scale up.
- Broad knowledge of standard laboratory assays and basic lab equipment.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced setting and sometimes changing priorities.
- GLP and GMP experience.
- Pilot plant experience a plus.
- Design of Experiment techniques for process characterization is plus.
- Proficient at MS Office and ELN to write reports, document results and implement standard procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with good attention to detail.
At Nature’s Toolbox, we are a small team of great minds with an even larger vision. Join us today and contribute to change how life saving therapeutics are manufactured today.
Apply today! www.ntxbio.com/careers/
Nature’s Toolbox Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
NTx is not accepting unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to NTx, including unsolicited resumes sent to a NTx mailing address, email address, directly to NTx employees, or to NTx's resume database will be considered NTx property. NTx will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. NTx will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
- Protein Analysis
- Bioinformatic Programming
- Life Sciences
- Bioinformatics Jobs
- Bioinformatics Jobs in United States
- Molecular Biology Jobs
- Molecular Biology Jobs in United States
- Biochemistry Jobs
- Biochemistry Jobs in United States
- Chemistry Jobs
- Chemistry Jobs in United States
- Analytical Chemistry Jobs
- Analytical Chemistry Jobs in United States
- Software Engineering Jobs
- Software Engineering Jobs in United States
- Medicine Jobs
- Medicine Jobs in United States
- Biology Jobs
- Biology Jobs in United States
- Research Jobs in United States