Figure 1 - uploaded by Florin Domnita
Content may be subject to copyright.
Louver type inertial separator  

Louver type inertial separator  

Source publication
Article
Full-text available
Since louver type collector has reduced dimensions, it can be used as a pre-separator in addition to a filtering installation, in order to increase the degree of mechanical separation of dust particles. The use of the louver type collector in a filtering installation requires a description of the particle movement inside the device and also a metho...

Contexts in source publication

Context 1
... type inertial separators consist of a series of truncated cone-shaped louvers, whose diameter decreases in the direction of flow of the mixture of dust and gas. Thereby, about 90% of carrier gas comes out clean through the device side openings, and the remaining 10% of the gas, together with all of the dust particles, maintain their direction until reaching the exit of the collector (Figure 1). The first fraction will be called deflected clean gas and the second, undeflected carrier gas. Figure 1 presents the principle of operation of a louver type inertial collector. ...
Context 2
... first fraction will be called deflected clean gas and the second, undeflected carrier gas. Figure 1 presents the principle of operation of a louver type inertial collector. The carrier gas enters along the longitudinal axis of the separator and the cleaned gas comes out on the sides (through the openings between truncated cone-shaped louvers). ...

Similar publications

Article
Full-text available
An insight into the design parameters that dictate engine inlet barrier filter performance is presented. The work represents the first part of a two-part study into the factors affecting the performance of engine inlet barrier filter to ultimately enable the prediction of turboshaft engine performance during use of this air-particle separating devi...

Citations

... When cleaning the air entering the turbines, an increase in the efficiency of particle collection by the louver dust collector is achieved by adding one or two slits on the dust container [9]. To increase the degree of mechanical separation of dust in the filter unit [10], the louver dust collector is used as a preliminary separator with subsequent post-treatment of the air flow in the cyclone. The paper [11] shows the influence of the parameters of the louver grating on the efficiency of fractional collection. ...