Software Engineer - Infrastructure (m/f)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
At ResearchGate, we’re helping scientists and researchers accelerate scientific progress – and we’re looking for talented engineers to help us do it.
Working at ResearchGate offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change the way science happens for the better, and you’ll be doing it as part of a hard-working, passionate team that hails from all over the globe. Join us, and make immediate impact.
You'll bridge our infrastructure and operations efforts to help us automate our existing processes and increase the overall efficiency of our platform. You're a skilled engineer that will help our site reliability team ensure that ResearchGate is available, reliable, and fast at all times, supporting the 15+ million scientists and researchers who connect on our platform every day.
- Enhance engineering productivity by improving tooling and monitoring
- Monitor, manage and maintain the stability and performance of our infrastructure
- Collaborate with our product engineers to deliver scalable solutions
- Strong coding and scripting abilities in PHP, Ruby or Python
- In-depth understanding of modern web technologies like TCP/IP, HTTP, load balancers, web servers, caching
- Deep understanding of modern web application infrastructure like source and dependency management, build pipelines, continuous integration, deployment, logging and monitoring
- Extensive experience in distributed systems, databases, and performance analysis
- Strong analytical and debugging skills, including the ability to rapidly assess, analyse, and resolve complex issues with little initial information or direction
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Docker and configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef is a plus
- Experience with Java and security-related topics is a plus
- Very good command of English
- You love technology and have a passion for infrastructure
- You find simple solutions to difficult problems
- You excel at engineering maintainable, efficient, and scalable software
- You are capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, systems and storage
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our 15+ million users worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy food and many fun events.