Front End Engineer - Infrastructure (m/f)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on building great products that change the way scientists communicate for the better.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
As a Front-end Infrastructure Engineer, you will work in a team of specialists whose main goal is to support product teams increase their development speed by working on a modern and reliable front-end infrastructure. Join us, to develop and improve this infrastructure for our engineers, clear any obstacles that may be hindering product teams from being productive and agile, and develop new processes, tools and products that improve the way we work.
- Shape how modern frontend technologies are used at ResearchGate
- Work closely with front-end specialists from all engineering teams to identify pain points and possible improvements
- Provide an easy to use front-end infrastructure to facilitate fast-paced feature development
- Take responsibility to align overall architecture
- Lead technology transitions in a pragmatic way
- Mentor fellow engineers and share your technical expertise
- Mastery of front-end operations and infrastructure
- Deep understanding of ReactJS ecosystem, Redux, Node.js and Webpack
- Familiarity with linting and code quality tools
- GraphQL knowledge is a plus
- Comfortable working with a very large codebase and with many development teams
- Able to bridge architecture requirements between front-end and backend (PHP, Java, Node)
- You excel at communicating objectives as well as complex technical concepts
- You are a natural at consensus building and decision making
- You work proactively to structure and organize your projects
- You enjoy working with great people in an open-office environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 15+ million researchers worldwide.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.