Senior Software Engineer, Java (m/f)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic and international team. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
We're looking for skilled senior software engineers who care about efficiency and building maintainable software. Our challenges include scaling for rapid response and servicing our millions of users while consistently providing them with complex data. We strive to create a fast yet reliable platform enabling our developers to continuously ship updates.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Java-based services (REST- and queue-based)
- Design database schemas for high-performance data access in distributed relational and non-relational databases
- Design systems for easy integration and reuse within our environment
- Build robust and evolvable solutions with quality of service and data integrity in mind
- Focus on efficiency and horizontal scalability
- Take responsibility for your solutions and continuously improve on them
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience of working with Java
- Expert knowledge of developing services (Dropwizard, Jetty, Glassfish)
- In-depth understanding of REST principles
- Experience working with queue-based integration patterns (Kafka, ActiveMQ)
- Experience with scalable distributed systems
- Experience working with No-SQL databases (MongoDB, HBase)
- Experience working with Hadoop related technologies like Flink, HBase, Hive and HDFS
- Skill in analyzing and improving the efficiency and stability of various system resources
- Very good command of English required, German is a plus
- You can find simple solutions to difficult problems
- You build systems that work 24/7, without downtimes in production
- You excel at building maintainable, efficient, and scalable software
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 14+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus a cover letter and your possible start date to email@example.com. Please also mention how you came across our open position. You will be hearing from us soon!