Senior Software Engineer, Frontend & Responsive UIs (m/f)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic and international team. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
We're looking for an enthusiastic user interface engineer with the skills and ability to turn great ideas into reality. You should have an in-depth understanding of current web technologies and front-end development and also be passionate about creating a great user experience. Your input will help us grow and maintain our component-based platform and you'll be responsible for improving how our users interact with our site.
Join a team that encourages you to explore, learn, and go beyond, while seeing your work lead to actionable results. Put your creative problem-solving and development skills to action and make a positive impact on science and society.
- Implement integrated front-end components according to best practices
- Anticipate problems that designers and frontend engineers may have
- Coordinate with our design team to create engaging user interfaces and find approaches to close the gap between design and engineering
- Set up multivariate tests for interfaces and workflows
- At least 4 years of relevant experience developing web applications (using PHP for this is a plus)
- Experience in optimizing front-end performance and user interfaces
- Understanding of server-side programming
- Knowledge of relational and document-based storage systems
- Understanding of A/B or multivariate split testing
- Experience implementing responsive or adaptive designs
- Know-how of cross-browser testing
- Very good command of English required
- You take responsibility for your own solutions and continuously improve on them
- You focus on building a great product rather than on the tooling
- You excel at designing and creating coherent, user-centric interfaces that display complex information
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 14+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus a cover letter and your possible start date to email@example.com. Please also mention how you came across our open position. You will be hearing from us soon!