Senior Software Engineer Front End & Responsive UIs (m/f)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on building great products that change the way scientists communicate for the better.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
We're looking for an enthusiastic user interface engineer with the skills and ability to turn great ideas into reality. You should have an in-depth understanding of current web technologies and front-end development and also be passionate about creating a great user experience. Your input will help us grow and maintain our component-based platform and you'll be responsible for improving how our users interact with our site.
Join a team that encourages you to explore, learn, and go beyond, while seeing your work lead to actionable results. Put your creative problem-solving and development skills into action and make a positive impact on science and society.
- Implement integrated front-end components according to best practices
- Anticipate problems that designers and frontend engineers may have
- Coordinate with our design team to create engaging user interfaces and find approaches to close the gap between design and engineering
- Set up multivariant tests for interfaces and workflows
- At least 4 years of relevant experience developing web applications
- Experience in optimizing front-end performance and user interfaces
- Understanding of server-side programming
- Knowledge of relational and document-based storage systems
- Understanding of A/B or multivariant split testing
- Experience implementing responsive or adaptive designs
- Cross-browser testing know-how
- Very good command of English
- You take responsibility for your own solutions and continuously improve on them
- You focus on building a great product rather than on the tooling
- You excel at designing and creating coherent, user-centric interfaces that display complex information
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 15+ million researchers worldwide.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.