ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. Over 20 million members from all over the world use it to share, discover, and discuss research. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Senior/Lead Analytics Manager Commercial Products (m/f/d)
This is a full-time position based in Germany. Our headquarters are in Berlin and we support a hybrid home office/in person approach to work.
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Objective of the Role
Empower the analytics team to work with our commercial organization build and monetize solutions for the scientific ecosystem
At ResearchGate your work will help over 20 million scientists and researchers solve global challenges. Whether studying the first moments of our universe, developing innovative cancer treatments or tackling global warming, our users are making a real difference.
Data is at the core of everything we do: All of our core product features leverage data (advertising targeting, usage reports for our customers, campaign reporting, etc.). We operate on a Petabyte scale; our research graph consists of 20mn+ users, 150+ mn publications, 1.5+ bn citations. Our product teams and commercial teams leverage data for day-to-day decision making and for shaping our longer-term strategy (e.g. in A/B tests, dashboards, exploratory data analyses).
As an Analytics Manager for our commercial area, you will enable your team to create insights that are leveraged in product and commercial decisions. You will empower our stakeholders to work with data effectively. You will motivate and enable your team to work on challenging analytical problems.
Most importantly, you and your team will make an impact for 20+ million scientists around the world, who themselves have an impact on 8 billion peoples’ lives via their research.
- Lead a team of 4+x data analysts (product analysts responsible for revenue-generating products; data analysts responsible for sales, marketing and finance)
- Take responsibility for shaping our commercial strategy with data
- Provide a vision to your team and set ambitious and measurable goals in line with company needs
- Collaboratively define the roadmap for your teams to reach these goals
- Create a high performance work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust
- Take ownership for your team’s motivation, and retention
- Guide your direct reports’ functional development by creating development opportunities, mentoring plans and by providing timely and actionable feedback
- Empower your stakeholders to work with data effectively
- Build a high-performing diverse team by hiring and onboarding new colleagues
- Evangelize the organization on the value of data and analytics
- 7+ years of experience in data analytics, 2+ years of experience as a people manager
- Strong business acumen and experience in a commercial data domain
- Strong proficiency with SQL, experience with self-serve dashboard tooling, basic knowledge of R or Python
- Strong analytical thinking and basic understanding of statistics (focus on online experiments)
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- You enjoy empowering and training others, and watching them grow
- You have a people-centric and analytical approach towards achieving great outcomes
- You are a passionate leader and inspire others by demonstrating thought leadership
- You enjoy getting hands-on when necessary
- You are passionate about data technology and employing it in ways that serve product and business
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with. We do live challenges instead of take-home assignments; we will invest at least the same amount of time in the hiring process as you.