ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. Over 15 million members from all over the world use it to share, discover, and discuss research. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
(Senior) Java Engineer (m/f/d)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission. We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
We're looking for skilled senior software engineers who care about efficiency and building maintainable software. Our challenges include scaling for rapid response and servicing our millions of users while consistently providing them with complex data. We strive to create a fast yet reliable platform enabling our developers to continuously ship updates.
- Develop and implement Java-based services (REST- and message-driven)
- Design databases for high-performance data access in distributed relational and non-relational databases
- Build efficient batch and stream processing pipelines to handle our big data workloads
- Create robust and evolvable solutions with quality of service and data integrity in mind
- In-depth understand of Java
- Expert knowledge of developing services (Dropwizard, Jetty)
- Experience working with queue-based integration patterns (Kafka, ActiveMQ)
- Experience with scalable distributed systems
- Know-how of No-SQL databases (MongoDB, HBase)
- Experience working with Hadoop related technologies like Flink, MapReduce, HBase, Hive and HDFS
- Skill in analyzing and improving the efficiency and stability of various system resources
- You excel at building maintainable, efficient, and scalable software
- You enjoy working with great people in a lean environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a dynamic company culture with the possibility to individually shape your own professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so we can quickly find the role that suits you best and lets you start making an impact straight away.
We're located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.