ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. Over 25 million members from all over the world use it to share, discover, and discuss research. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer React & PHP.
This is a full-time position based in Germany. Our headquarters are in Berlin and we support a hybrid remote/in person approach to work.
This is a full-time position based in Germany or Poland. We are a remote-first organization and support mobile and flexible working.
ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers.
From rising sea levels to rising inequality, mass migration to mass extinction, the problems facing our world are immense. Still, we’re optimistic about the power of millions of scientists working in unity to overcome any challenge. We provide scientists with the help and support they need by connecting them to the world’s most active scientific community.
We've built a platform that gives the world's scientists the tools and services they need to connect, collaborate, and advance their research. Over 25 million members from 193 countries use ResearchGate to share, discover, and discuss research.
Objective of the Role
We're looking for an enthusiastic full-stack engineer with the skills and ability to turn great ideas into reality. You should have an in-depth understanding of current web technologies and front-end development, and be passionate about creating a great user experience. Your input will help us grow and maintain our React front-end and PHP integration layer.
Join a team that encourages you to explore, learn, and go beyond, while seeing your work lead to actionable results. Put your creative problem-solving and development skills into action and make a positive impact on science and society. This is a full-time position based in Germany. We are a remote-first organization and support mobile and flexible working.
You will be an integral part of the product team dedicated to enhancing ResearchGate's publisher-facing product. This role involves designing, constructing, and refining the platform to further our mission of facilitating global scientific connections and ensuring open access to research. At present, our team is working at making ResearchGate a great platform for publishers to connect with existing and future authors.
- Seamlessly integrate our front-end with our back-end world using GraphQL and PHP.
- Maintain and improve existing features and related infrastructure.
- Together with Product Managers, Designers, and Software Engineers, you deliver compelling publisher-facing products.
- Demonstrated ability to create code that is easily comprehensible, maintainable, and testable
- Eagerness to acquire new skills, delve into different technologies and programming languages, and a willingness to acknowledge areas where expertise may be lacking
- Approach problem-solving thoughtfully, embracing curiosity and maintaining an open-minded perspective
- It would be a plus if you already had knowledge of GraphQL.
- Knowledge of relational and document-based databases (we use MongoDB and Postgres)
- You take responsibility over your own solutions and continuously improve them.
- You engage in proactive and efficient communication within our distributed work environment.
- You focus on building a great product.
- You excel at designing and creating coherent, user-centric interfaces that display complex information.
The Interview Process:
- We start with a short call with HR or an Engineering Manager to align on the details of the job inquiry.
- There will be a longer discussion about your technical and professional experience and expectations with an Engineering Manager and another colleague.
- We’ll facilitate a technical interview with one or two engineers with some pair programming and technical discussion.
- Last but not least, you will meet with our CEO - Ijad and our VP of Finance & People team - Jess.
Life at ResearchGate
You'll be working in an open and empowered company culture, with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy being a part of an energetic team that’s passionate about changing science for the better. We’re a team of optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Enjoy a flexible working environment that adapts to your life circumstances, a generous 30 full days of vacation for you to unwind and days focused for your professional development to further grow your career along with free access to a platform to support your mental wellbeing.
We support a remote work approach by enabling our team to work across borders (up to 120 days a year) by partnering with WorkFlex. Most of us work from the comfort of our homes, but our office located in the heart of Berlin is still open for you as an opportunity to change scenery and meet others. We occasionally come together for team summits, workshops, and in-person meetings, but fully embrace a remote-first approach to work.
ResearchGate is an equal opportunity employer
We encourage people from all backgrounds and life experiences to apply with us and help us change the world of science. We commit to impartial and inclusive hiring processes, and therefore ask you to please refrain from adding a picture and your age to your application form or CV.
Our hiring decisions are made based on your skills and qualifications, regardless of your age, gender, origin or race/ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, religion, or any other (perceived) personal characteristics. We are excited to receive your application.
ResearchGate Intro and Mission
ResearchGate is the largest professional network for scientists and researchers. We've built a platform that helps the world's scientists and researchers to connect, collaborate, and advance their research to drive progress towards a better world.
Over 25 million members from 193+ countries use ResearchGate to share, discover, and discuss research.