ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. Over 20 million members from all over the world use it to share, discover, and discuss research. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Sales Manager (Marketing Solutions -Enterprise)
This is a full-time position based in Germany or the UK. Our headquarters are in Berlin and we support a hybrid home office/in person approach to work.
ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers.
The web was created by scientists and for scientists to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Our Marketing Solutions products are designed to show scientists and researchers adverts for the exact products and services they need to do their work. Concurrently we provide the companies offering these products and services with the opportunity to target their advertising to a specific scientific audience.
Objective of the Role
The main objective of this role is to advise global Pharmaceutical companies on how to best make use of ResearchGate’s Marketing Solutions to achieve their business and marketing objectives. Your goal will be to drive revenue by selling our solutions in a way that benefits our customers and the scientists on the ResearchGate network.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the sales process, including engaging all relevant stakeholders at assigned key accounts, anticipating client needs and understanding their short and long-term objectives, and delivering ResearchGate offerings that meet those objectives.
- At least 5 years of sales management experience, both selling marketing solutions to Pharmaceutical customers and advising them on their brand and performance marketing strategies.
- Experience working with global Life Sciences and/or Pharmaceutical companies is required, including in-depth industry knowledge particularly as it relates to marketing and content marketing within these industries.
- Track record of achieving global account penetration and expansion across multinational customers, including cultivating and nurturing VP and C-Level customer relationships.
- Goal-oriented, organized, and proactive team player who is self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, including communicating complex technical content to a range of audiences.
- Experience providing feedback and thought leadership to product and marketing teams in order to guide cross-functional priorities and help meet sales objectives.
You'll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with.
Our headquarters are located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world. We are a digital first organisation and support mobile and flexible working.