ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. Over 15 million members from all over the world use it to share, discover, and discuss research. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Sales & Account Manager (Western Europe) - Scientific Talent (m/f/d)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers.
Not a scientist or researcher? Never heard of us? That’s okay.
Accelerating science is what drives us – we've built a platform that gives the world's scientists the tools and services they need to connect, collaborate, and advance their research. Over 15 million members from 193 countries use ResearchGate to share, discover, and discuss research. Our investors include Bill Gates, Benchmark Capital, Founders Fund, Tenaya Capital, Goldman Sachs, Wellcome Trust and Four Rivers Group.
We are a global company, with clients, users and colleagues from all corners of the world. Our team of 175 people is located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world - a place where everyone feels welcome. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
We offer digital advertising solutions, including:
· Scientific Advertising – allows scientists and researchers to see ads for the exact services and products they need whilst providing companies the opportunity to target their advertising to a specific scientific audience.
· Scientific Talent - hiring managers can advertise jobs to specific scientists based on location, research area, and skill, and scientists can find jobs that fit their interests and research profiles.
The key objective of this role is to drive revenue growth by selling ResearchGate talent solutions, from cold calling to closing to smooth product implementation.
Grow existing accounts by achieving and exceeding individual and team targets through the process of new client acquisition, upselling, reselling and cross-selling of new and existing products, specifically for clients in the western European region.
This encompasses anticipating client needs, understanding their short and long-term objectives, and delivering ResearchGate talent offerings that meet those objectives.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and native-level French and/or Italian
- At least 2 years of full-funnel B2B sales experience in new business/client acquisition from cold calling to closing
- You should be passionate about building new long-lasting client relationships with a high stream of revenue
- Proven strong problem-solving, contract negotiation and closing skills as well as a demonstrable history of achieving or exceeding revenue goals
- Ability to accurately forecast revenue
- Ability to create a sense of urgency, minimizing length of sales cycle and balancing client needs while working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
What we offer
- An energetic, international, and professional team who are passionate about changing the scientific industry for the better
- Free daily lunches catering to a range of dietary requirements
- Healthy snacks and drinks, in-house yoga, ping pong and relaxation rooms
- Team activities such as BBQs, sports and cultural events
- An office located in the heart of Berlin-Mitte
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re changing science and catalyzing discovery, every day. Get to know more about our mission and what ResearchGate members are achieving by checking out our blog at https://www.researchgate.net/blog.