ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. Over 15 million members from all over the world use it to share, discover, and discuss research. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Key Account Manager - Scientific Advertising (m/f/d)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers.
Not a scientist or researcher? Never heard of us? That’s okay.
Accelerating science is what drives us – we've built a platform that gives the world's scientists the tools and services they need to connect, collaborate, and advance their research. Over 15 million members from 193 countries use ResearchGate to share, discover, and discuss research. Our investors include Bill Gates, Benchmark Capital, Founders Fund, Tenaya Capital, Goldman Sachs, Wellcome Trust and Four Rivers Group.
We are a global company, with clients, users and colleagues from all corners of the world. Our team of 175 people is located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world - a place where everyone feels welcome. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
We offer digital advertising solutions, including:
· Scientific Advertising – allows scientists and researchers to see ads for the exact services and products they need whilst providing companies the opportunity to target their advertising to a specific scientific audience.
· Scientific Talent - hiring managers can advertise jobs to specific scientists based on location, research area, and skill, and scientists can find jobs that fit their interests and research profiles.
The key objective of this role is to increase revenue for ResearchGate’s business by enabling customers to successfully achieve their advertising objectives. The Key Account Manager is the single point of contact for clients and focuses on delivering outstanding service on existing accounts while identifying opportunities to grow accounts by up-selling, re-selling and cross-selling new and existing products.
In this role you will
- Manage all forms of campaign related client communication, while building trust with the clients and expanding the relationships
- Proactively manage campaigns and the customer relationship to exceed expectations, meeting all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines.
- Create and analyze account performance reports and present actionable insights to the customer.
- Act as the key interface between clients and all relevant internal stakeholders to set campaign parameters and ensure deadlines and objectives are met, including the management and reporting of pertinent data
- At least 3 years of sales and/or account management experience in Media Sales, ideally B2B
- Proven track record of achieving positive business outcomes for customers
- Expertise in analyzing client data and sales statistics and making data-driven recommendations
- Solid understanding of AdOperations practices, the Google Ad Manager platform and Google Analytics as well as experience working with CRM software, particularly Salesforce
- Previous knowledge of, or experience in, the life sciences industry and associated selling and buying mechanisms is advantageous but not essential
- Goal-oriented, organized, and proactive team player who is self-motivated and self-directed
- Customer orientation, handling common as well as digital advertising-specific customer issues, with an ability to think innovatively whilst working to tight timelines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude for building relationships with stakeholders of all organizational levels internally and externally
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and ideally an additional language
What we offer
- An energetic, international, and professional team who are passionate about changing the scientific industry for the better
- Free daily lunches catering to a range of dietary requirements
- Healthy snacks and drinks, in-house yoga, ping pong and relaxation rooms
- Team activities such as BBQs, sports and cultural events
- An office located in the heart of Berlin-Mitte
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re changing science and catalyzing discovery, every day. Get to know more about our mission and what ResearchGate members are achieving by checking out our blog at https://www.researchgate.net/blog.