Head of Sales (m/f)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Working with us offers you the chance to contribute to growing our professional network for scientists and researchers that today has 14+ million members.
Your knowledge and expertise will help change science for the better, and you'll be doing this as part of a dynamic team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
ResearchGate is looking for a talented, experienced Head of Sales to develop and grow our sales efforts globally. We are looking for an exceptional individual to lead our sales strategy, oversee the development of the business, and grow our team.
- Develop the customer acquisition strategy to identify, qualify and convert new leads
- Ensure the right organizational design to map to the early stages of the customer lifecycle
- Perfect the sales process and streamline operations, removing obstacles and making it easy to do business with us
- Identify opportunities to grow the business through the rollout of new customer segments and products
- Prepare and present accurate and timely sales forecasts to senior management
- Consistently monitor the sales activity of the team and track results
- Hire, develop and retain world-class sales talent
- Inspire and motivate employees on a daily basis and bring innovation to the sales process to help accelerate our market growth trajectory
- Accurately forecast recurring revenue pipelines along with incremental bookings
- Constantly innovate ways to balance sales opportunities and new customer onboarding
- Develop and circulate best practices that will serve as the foundation for this growing team
- Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with the product and marketing teams to set direction
- Be proactive about solving problems by working collaboratively across teams and driving consensus
- Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge and do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives
- BA/BS degree
- 10+ years of experience in a quota-carrying sales role and 5+ years of experience in people management
- MBA degree or evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience with relevant sales methodologies and metrics
- Experience working in a startup or a similar fast-paced environment
- Experience hiring and motivating high-performing sales teams
- Demonstrated track record of problem-solving and cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent communication, time management, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to evaluate sound business opportunities, resolve conflicts, close deals and meet/exceed revenue goals
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus a cover letter and your possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also mention how you came across our open position. You will be hearing from us soon!