Head of People (m/f)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on building great products that change the way scientists communicate for the better.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Objective of the Role
Cultivate the ecosystem in which passionate talent successfully drives our mission. Guide and manage ResearchGate’s Human Resources, Recruiting, Company Culture and Internal Communications overall.
Key Responsibilities - Areas of Accountability
- Organization development and culture
- Employment regulation and compliance
- Policy development and documentation
- Recruiting and staffing
- Internal communications, events, and employee relations
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Employee onboarding, development, and training
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Employee services and counselling
Key Responsibilities - Activities
- Manage all People functions, including HR, Employee Experience and Communication, and Recruiting
- Advocate and drive leadership accountability, ResearchGate culture and excellence throughout the organization
- Counsel senior leadership on HR regulation, recruitment, talent management, and organizational impact of strategy, planning, and decisions
- Drawing insights from data, develop and achieve team quarterly Objectives and Key Results with relevant KPIs/metrics
- Ensure that change and transformation plans are established, effectively executed, and their results measured
- Provide leadership and management coaching at all levels; assess appropriate development solutions/intervention strategies for talent needs within functions, including individual and team development
- Ensure compliance and consistent application of policies, practices and company values
Requirements - Experience
- 8+ years of Human Resources experience, with at least 3 years at the Director/Head level
- Experience of Human Resources management in a rapidly scaling environment preferred
- Demonstrated track record in managing and leading change
- Proven ability to interact with and influence senior leadership
- Strong grounding in relevant German laws and regulations pertaining to HR
Requirements - Attributes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude for managing sensitive situations and building trust
- Ability to assess multiple aspects and impacts of organizational issues/opportunities, anticipate long-term implications, and devise and execute coherent and comprehensive strategies and plans
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an affinity for data-driven approaches
- Excellent command of written and spoken German and English
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact. We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.