Engineering Manager (m/f)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Working at ResearchGate offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to make science happen in a better way, and you’ll be doing it as part of a hard-working, passionate team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact on the way our teams work
We're looking for an outstanding engineer with proven management skills to lead some of the most talented engineering teams in the world. The successful candidate will take overall responsibility for the success of their team, from shaping strategy to meeting goals, developing talent, and building a culture of ownership.
- Manage an efficient and healthy team that consistently sets, communicates, and meets goals, contributing to the success of the surrounding organization
- Identify and resolve the day-to-day technical, managerial and operational problems encountered by your team while creating the right strategy, culture and process for your team to tackle goals effectively.
- Ensure speed, flexibility, and success of development and maintenance by continuously improving your team's internal and collaborative processes
- Strategically recruit and manage talent in your team, creating growth opportunities for team members while addressing gaps and risks through mentoring, knowledge transfer, performance management, recruiting and retention
- Be ultimately accountable for the team’s technical decisions, and for achieving the right architecture and tradeoffs to reach and maintain high engineering throughput
- Proven technical leadership skills acting as technical lead of agile development teams
- Full professional familiarity with Kanban and Scrum
- Architectural-level experience with our back-end and front-end technologies and scalable distributed systems
- Demonstrated experience designing and building large-scale, high-traffic applications
- No qualms about getting hands-on when necessary
- A commitment to changing the practice of science
- You work to build a healthy and collaborative working environment for your team and colleagues
- You promote ResearchGate's cultural values across your scope of impact
- You are a great advocate for your team and team members and continuously build recognition
- You ignite pride about ResearchGate, mission, our engineering, and promote ResearchGate's image to the public
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 14+ million researchers worldwide.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.