ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. Over 15 million members from all over the world use it to share, discover, and discuss research. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Accelerating science is what drives us – we've built a platform that gives the world's scientists the tools and services they need to connect, collaborate, and advance their research. Over 15 million members from 193 countries use ResearchGate to share, discover, and discuss research.
Our investors include Bill Gates, Benchmark Capital, Founders Fund, Tenaya Capital, Goldman Sachs, Wellcome Trust and Four Rivers Group.
We are a global company, with clients, users and colleagues from all corners of the world. Our team of 175 people is located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world - a place where everyone feels welcome.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic team that hails from all over the globe.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director/VP of Finance will be responsible for all aspects of Finance across our business. The successful candidate will lead all tasks related to Financial Strategy, Planning and Management, Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting and associated General Ledger, Administration and Operations functions. As part of the role, you will mentor and develop the existing team of 5 people, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic, growing the team as necessary in line with business need.
Your previous experience will allow you to assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organisation and its long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts, and provide both short-term and long-term insights and recommendations, creating and establishing yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion. Your role on the Executive Team will require your participation in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
You will have responsibility for the identification, selection and onboarding of your team, the implementation of systems, policies, procedures and processes, and the selection and engagement of consultants, auditors and other external parties.
In addition to the development and maintenance of the monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget, your previous experience will position you for success in preparing and presenting financial reports and the review and analysis of financial results and statements, in addition to overseeing the preparation and filing of all tax returns. You will provide recommendations and identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives and new product and service offerings.
Your responsibilities will also extend to the management of the cash flow planning process, ensuring funds availability and overseeing cash, investments and asset management across a range of suppliers, vendors and business partners. Responsibility will also extend to the management of the AP and AR departments.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree and professional accounting qualification required;
- 12+ years total accounting or finance experience;
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of compliance reporting;
- Systems implementation and hands on ERP systems experience;
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence, with the ability to motivate staff and build a high performing team;
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills;
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and across compliance-related issues.
- An energetic, international, and professional team who are passionate about changing the scientific industry for the better
- Free daily lunches catering to a range of dietary requirements
- Healthy snacks and drinks, in-house yoga, ping pong and relaxation rooms
- Team activities such as BBQs, sports and cultural events
- An office located in the heart of Berlin-Mitte
We’re changing science and catalyzing discovery, every day. Get to know more about our mission and what ResearchGate members are achieving by checking out our blog at https://www.researchgate.net/blog.