ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. Over 15 million members from all over the world use it to share, discover, and discuss research. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission. We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Objective of the Role
As a DevOps Engineer, you collaborate with our site-reliability team to ensure that ResearchGate is available, reliable, and fast at all times for researchers and scientists around the world. By operating and automating the existing environment, you will work on some of our most vital tasks to make science happen faster.
- Monitor, manage and maintain the stability and performance of our bare metal and virtual infrastructure
- Diagnose problems detected by our systems and work quickly to resolve them
- Improve the scalability and reliance of our systems
- Build storage systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Execute network commands, functions, and procedures
- Automate new workflows, testing and infrastructure for performance and productivity
- Improve collaboration and work effectively with other teams to ensure the platform can scale
- Extensive experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, databases, and performance analysis
- Background in internet service deployments
- Profound knowledge of Docker or AWS solutions
- In-depth understanding of web technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP, load balancers, web servers, memcache, databases)
- Knowledge of configuration management tools is a plus (Chef, Puppet)
- Capability of technical deep-dives into code, networking, systems, and storage with experienced engineers
- Advanced scripting skills (Python, Shell)
- You can find simple solutions to difficult problems
- You want to use your knowledge of computer science to solve real-world problems
- You are passionate about automating workflows
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a team-based environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 15+ million researchers worldwide.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.