ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers. Over 20 million members from all over the world use it to share, discover, and discuss research. We're guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Community Experience Specialist (m/f/d)
This is a full-time position based in Germany or the UK. Our headquarters are in Berlin and we support a hybrid home office/in person approach to work.
This is a full-time position based in Germany. We are a digital-first organisation and support mobile and flexible working.
At ResearchGate, we’re an international team working together to improve the way researchers can collaborate and communicate, for scientific advancement. Our mission is to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Our Community Experience team is much more than a support team. We help members get the most from ResearchGate by responding to their technical issues, educating members and advocating on their behalf. We spend most of our days resolving users’ problems and communicating with them directly. We also gather insights from our interactions with users to support our Product development teams when improving features or building new products.
Objective of the Role
The main role of the Community Experience Specialist is to assist researchers who contact us for support using ResearchGate by responding to their issues. This can include simple troubleshooting issues, investigating and reporting bugs, and handling copyright issues, among others. We also think about how we can improve our reporting channels, how we prioritize and respond to issues, and how to develop better policies and communications with those who use the site. We work closely with our Legal team as well as Product teams, and we often create escalations tickets for Legal and Product when we need their input on tickets.
- Assist members by resolving their issues efficiently
- Create detailed technical/legal tickets when required
- Document our decisions and learnings
- Create and update our support communications/educational content
- Help establish, implement & continuously optimize new and existing workflows for managing inbound issues
- Share user feedback with relevant product teams through a few established channels
- Stay up-to-date with the product development on the platform and maintain a thorough understanding of the needs of our members and how they use the platform
Who we’re looking for
- You’re truly curious. You should enjoy investigating in all forms: digging through old tickets to find relevant information about an issue, trying out feature flows on the site to recreate a researcher’s problem, and getting to the bottom of product quirks.
- You’re conscientious. We want to help researchers solve their problems, and this requires thorough attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and thoughtful prioritization of issues.
- You’re a bit nerdy. It helps if you’re passionate about our mission, research, and access to information. It also helps if you’re tech-savvy and have maybe dabbled in database querying.
- You’re experienced (ideally). This won’t be a dealbreaker if you’re a terrific fit otherwise, but it’s certainly a plus if you’ve worked in a similar team before, are used to customer service-type roles and are familiar with tools we use like Zendesk and JIRA.
- You’re nice. Our team is pretty great, and we really like working together (mostly remotely, but sometimes together in the office). You like to be helpful -both to our users and to your teammates.
- You’re based in Germany and fluent in the English language. Your written communication is especially important as we support our users through email.
You'll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with.
We’re based in the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.