Account Manager (m/f)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Working with us offers you the chance to contribute to growing our professional network for scientists and researchers that today has 14+ million members.
Your knowledge and expertise will help change science for the better, and you'll be doing this as part of a dynamic team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
Objective of the role
Increase revenue for ResearchGate’s business by enabling customers to successfully achieve their advertising objectives. The CS Manager is the single point of contact for clients, and focuses on delivering outstanding service on existing accounts while identifying opportunities to grow accounts by upselling, reselling and cross-selling new and existing products.
Areas of Accountability:
- Deliver value to clients by anticipating their needs, thoroughly understanding their short and long-term objectives, and delivering ResearchGate offerings that help meet them;
- Achieve and exceed individual and team targets through upselling, reselling and cross-selling of RG products;
- Act as the key interface between clients and all relevant internal stakeholders to set campaign parameters and ensure deadlines and objectives are met, including the management and reporting of pertinent data.
Activities (client facing):
- Negotiate contracts, including scope of work and timelines;
- Manage all forms of client communication at all stages of account lifecycle;
- Proactively manage campaigns and the customer relationship to exceed expectations, meeting all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines, including reporting;
- Collaborate across teams to facilitate best possible campaign outcomes and ensure that all client needs are met;
- Build trust with clients, expand relationships, and generate new business.
Activities (internally facing):
- Strategic planning to improve results and predict account growth;
- Consistent and comprehensive documentation of all core client interactions and resulting deliverables;
- Continuously harvest and update customer intelligence to predict and drive revenue growth including account mapping, activity planning, forecasting, and reporting;
- Report on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives for all internal stakeholders
- Target attainment and growth;
- Share of wallet/percentage of client spend;
- Successful up/cross selling and expansion of existing business;
Long-term Objectives and Key Results
- Customer satisfaction and retention;
- Day-to-day activity tracking (calls, emails, demos);
- Conversion rates;
- Account penetration: intelligence, new leads, and new business units reached.
- At least 3 years of sales and/or account management experience ideally gained in a B2B environment;
- Demonstrated strategic selling and negotiation skills, providing solutions based on client needs resulting in the growth of annual spend with existing accounts;
- Expertise in analyzing client data and sales statistics and making data-driven recommendations;
- Track record of exceeding revenue goals, with ability to effectively forecast revenue;
- Previous knowledge of, or experience in, the life sciences industry and associated selling and buying mechanisms is advantageous but not essential.
- Goal-oriented, organized and proactive team player who is self-motivated and self-directed;
- Customer orientation, handling common as well as digital advertising-specific customer issues, with an ability to think innovatively whilst working to tight timelines;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude for building relationships with stakeholders of all organizational levels internally and externally;
- Experience working with CRM software, particularly Salesforce;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and ideally an additional language: you are a listener, a confident presenter, and a people-person.