At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research accessible for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic and international team. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
As a UX Engineer you will work at the intersection of design and technology to shape our Design System and the tools around it.
Working close with UX designer and front-end engineers you are delivering delightful experiences applying your technical expertise and sense for aesthetic. Contributing to our Design System you fundamentally shape the look and feel of ResearchGate. You bridge the gap between design and engineering even further by creating tools that seamlessly support the use of standards across the company’s different stacks.
- Translate visual designs into a meaningful experience with both a high-fidelity finish and a clear and consistent underlying system.
- Maintain and contribute to our component-based design system to simplify and speed up the work of other engineers.
- Work closely with designers to find feasible and efficient solutions to complex problems.
- Take responsibility for your work and continuously seek to improve it.
- Expert Knowledge of SCSS and its common pitfalls.
- Knowledge of methods like BEM, DRY, immutability, and progressive enhancement.
- Fundamental understanding of modular and scalable design systems.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of designers and engineers.
- Very good command of English required.
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 12+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to email@example.com. You will be hearing from us soon!