At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research accessible for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
As a UX Engineer you will work closely with UX Designers at the intersection of design and technology to shape intuitive and easy-to-use products for over 11+ million researchers.
Delivering delightful experiences applying your technical expertise and sense for aesthetic is your focus. You are comfortable using client-side web technologies, you’re constantly thinking about reusable components and patterns, and you understand that meaningful interface transitions are just as critical as performance.
Our product teams consist of a diverse network of people from many different disciplines working in design and copy, as well as both front end and back end engineering. Therefore, your daily routine will regularly intersect different fields and technologies. You're open to explorations into the unknown and willing to optimize your work for collaboration to make it fun for others to use.
- Translate visual designs into a meaningful experience with both a high-fidelity finish and a clear and consistent underlying system.
- Maintain and contribute to our component-based platform to simplify and fasten other engineers' work.
- Work closely with designers to find feasible and efficient solutions to complex problems.
- Extract common patterns and turn them into reusable components.
- Take responsibility for your work and continuously improve it.
- Expert knowledge of client-side web technologies like HTML, CSS.
- Knowledge of SCSS and its common pitfalls.
- Ability to create experiences across a variety of clients and devices.
- Understanding of methods like BEM, DRY, Immutability, Progressive enhancement, and Namespacing.
- Pride in what you do and desire to join us in delivering the best work in your career.
- Very good command of English required, German is a plus
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 11+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be hearing from us soon!
Other jobs at ResearchGate
- Ad Tech Engineer (m/f)
- Senior Software Engineer, Front-End Infrastructure (m/f)
- Anwendungsentwickler Backoffice (m/w)
- Senior Software Engineer (PHP), Backend (m/f)
- Senior Software Engineer, Data Acquisition (m/f)
- Senior Software Engineer, Big Data (m/f)
- Senior Software Engineer (Java), Services & Storage (m/f)