At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research accessible for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic and international team. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
We're looking for skilled system engineers with administrative/management potential to help our site-reliability team ensure that ResearchGate is available, reliable, and fast at all times. We need someone to tackle some of our most vital tasks, including software installation and configuration changes, developing scripts for systems management and automation, and managing services relating to the deployed platform. Advanced knowledge of or past experience in distributed-computing concepts and networking and Linux systems management is required.
- Monitor, manage, and maintain the stability and performance of our infrastructure
- Diagnose problems detected by our systems and work quickly to resolve them
- Improve the scalability and reliance of our systems
- Build storage systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Execute network commands, functions, and procedures
- Work effectively with other teams to ensure the platform can scale
- Advanced knowledge of scripting in Bash, Python, and/or Ruby
- Extensive experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, databases, and performance analysis
- Background in internet service deployments
- In-depth understanding of web technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP, load balancers, web servers, caching, databases)
- Excellent debugging and reasoning skills
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, systems, and storage with experienced engineers
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complex issues with little initial information or direction
- Knowledge of configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef is a plus
- Very good command of English required, German is a plus
- You can find simple solutions to difficult problems
- You want to use your knowledge of computer science to solve real-world problems
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 12+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be hearing from us soon!