At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research accessible for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
We're looking for a skilled system administrator to manage our core IT infrastructure that powers ResearchGate’s in-house operations and collaboration.
- Run and maintain our core IT infrastructure that powers our in-house operations and collaboration (networks, IP telephony, exchange, shares, wiki, ERP, etc.)
- Monitor and manage reliability, security and efficiency within an interesting stack of Linux, Mac and Microsoft systems
- Diagnose problems and work quickly to resolve them
- Plan and implement functionality improvements
- Manage our hardware and software assets
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting common network services (VLAN, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, VPN etc.)
- Strong experience in providing technical support to standard tools (anti-virus, backups, Office)
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack (Windows, Outlook, Exchange, Sharepoint)
- Operational experience in IP telephony
- Experience in customizing collaboration software (Atlassian) is a plus
- Fluent German with good command of English
- Ability to work independently to devise and execute a plan of action
- Ability to serve in team leadership role to coordinate team projects and support requirements, with a “team-first” mentality
- High sense of urgency and accountability
- Good communication skills, ability to work well with less experienced computer users as well as with a knowledgeable team of engineers
- You are legally able to work in Germany. If you don't possess a work permit for Germany yet, please let us know and we can possibly assist you with the process
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 11+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be hearing from us soon!