At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research accessible for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
We're looking for skilled system performance engineers who are passionate about speed, efficiency, and quality of service in distributed systems. Expert knowledge of Linux and hands-on experience with Linux performance tools are required.
- Profile, monitor, and benchmark performance and reliability related aspects of a large infrastructure
- Optimize Linux kernel and improve performance at all system layers
- Tune TCP/IP stack for optimal network throughput and latency
- Increase throughput of our backend systems and database tier at system level
- Design and implement environments for benchmarks
- Take responsibility for your own solutions and continuously improve on them
- In depth knowledge of *nix systems
- Strong coding and scripting ability (C, C++, Java, Bash, Python)
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases (MongoDB, HBase)
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to collect data, establish facts, and arrive at valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, and Solr is a plus
- You love tuning technology at system level
- You are passionate about open source and getting your patches upstream
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 11+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to email@example.com. You will be hearing from us soon!