At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research accessible for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
We're looking for skilled senior software engineers who care about efficiency and maintainable software. Our challenges include scaling to respond rapidly and servicing our millions of users while consistently providing them with complex data. We strive to create a fast yet reliable platform enabling our developers to continuously ship updates.
- Design systems for easy integration and reuse
- Coordinate with our product engineers to deliver scalable solutions
- Develop, implement, optimize, and maintain the services powering our platform
- Take responsibility for your own solutions and continuously improve on them
- Experience developing using PHP and related tools such as Composer
- Expert knowledge of storage systems such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Expert knowledge in building and maintaining scalable web applications
- Knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Solid experience in testing applications using tools such as PHPUnit and Behat
- Knowledge of Bash scripting and Queue Systems such as AMQP is a plus
- Previous experience working with Symfony2 Components and creating console applications is a plus
- Very good command of English required, German is a plus
- You excel at engineering maintainable, efficient, and scalable software
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 11+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be hearing from us soon!