At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research accessible for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Java-based services (REST- and queue-based)
- Design database schemas for high-performance data access in distributed relational and non-relational databases
- Design systems for easy integration and reuse within our environment
- Build robust and evolvable solutions with quality of service and data integrity in mind
- Focus on efficiency and horizontal scalability
- Take responsibility for your solutions and continuously improve on them
- Expert knowledge of developing services (GlassFish, Jetty)
- Excellent Java developing and debugging skills (target environment Linux)
- In-depth understanding of REST principles
- Experience working with queue-based integration patterns (ActiveMQ)
- Experience with scalable distributed systems
- Experience working with No-SQL databases (MongoDB, HBase)
- Experience with SolrCloud and Hadoop
- Skilled in analyzing and improving efficiency and stability of various system resources
- Very good command of English required, German is a plus
- You can find simple solutions to difficult problems
- You build systems that work 24/7, without downtimes in production
- You excel at building maintainable, efficient, and scalable software
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 11+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to email@example.com. You will be hearing from us soon!