At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research accessible for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic and international team. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
As a Senior Software Engineer for front-end infrastructure, you will work in a team with specialists to create integrated solutions to complex challenges. Abstraction and performance whilst maintaining a clear and consistent workflow are your key priorities. You feel at home using common web technologies and you know how to get data from A to B —from clients to servers and back to the application.
- Shape how modern front-end technologies are used at ResearchGate
- Work closely with front-end specialists from all engineering teams
- Provide an easy to use front-end infrastructure to facilitate fast-paced feature development
- Take responsibility to align overall architecture
- Mastery of front-end operations and infrastructure (npm, grunt, webpack, babel, etc)
- Deep understanding of ReactJS ecosystem (Redux, Relay)
- Comfortable working with a very large codebase and with many development teams
- Able to bridge architecture requirements between frontend and backend (PHP, Java, Node)
- Very good command of English required, German is a plus
- You excel at communicating objectives as well as complex technical concepts
- You're a natural at consensus building and decision making
- You work proactively to structure and organize your projects
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 12+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be hearing from us soon!