At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research accessible for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
We're looking for skilled senior software engineers who care about efficiency and maintainable software. We have the challenge of consistently providing millions of users with complex data, and scaling to rapidly respond to growth. We strive to create a fast and reliable platform enabling our developers to continuously ship updates.
- Build web crawlers to discover and index university websites
- Build stable integrations with external APIs
- Manage and improve our existing data integration infrastructure
- Monitor and increase stability, quality and performance of our integration operations
- Expert understanding of foundations of the Web at all layers, including TCP, HTTP, HTML, CSS and JS
- Hands-on experience in building and maintaining web crawlers
- Working experience with storage systems and databases like PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Strong experience in PHP or JAVA
- Knowledge of Bash scripting and Linux administration is a plus
- Very good command of English required, German is a plus
- You excel at engineering maintainable, efficient, and scalable software
- You like to dig into complex datasets with diverse data quality and come up with create solutions to bridge gaps
- You command a wide range of tools and know when to switch from Bash to Python and from Regex to Parsers
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 11+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to email@example.com. You will be hearing from us soon!