At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research accessible for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
We are looking for skilled engineers to help us to extend and scale our data infrastructure. You will deal with large volumes of data and work on real-time and near real-time systems that capture massive amounts of data. You will build new data pipelines from various structured and unstructured sources and be responsible for driving data for future processes and products. Join a team that encourages you to explore, learn, and go beyond and see your research lead to actionable results. Put your creative problem-solving, data mining, and analytical skills to action and make a positive impact on science and society.
- Build scalable and effective data infrastructure systems
- Develop, implement and maintain data collection and processing solutions at scale
- Design and build highly-scaled distributed systems
- Profile, monitor, and benchmark performance and reliability related aspects of a large infrastructure
- Improve the scalability and reliance of our systems
- Work effectively with other teams to ensure the platform can scale
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in Java
- Strong coding and scripting ability (e.g., Python)
- In depth knowledge of Linux systems
- Experience working with Hadoop related technologies like Kafka, Flink, Storm, HBase, Hive, HDFS
- Good understanding of networking and distributed systems
- Strong DevOps mindset
- Very good command of English required, German is a plus
- You excel at building maintainable, efficient, and scalable software
- You love to work with large datasets and low-latency systems
- You are passionate about open source and getting your patches upstream
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 11+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to email@example.com. You will be hearing from us soon!
Other jobs at ResearchGate
- Ad Tech Engineer (m/f)
- Senior Software Engineer, Front-End Infrastructure (m/f)
- UX Engineer · Front-End (m/f)
- Anwendungsentwickler Backoffice (m/w)
- Senior Software Engineer (PHP), Backend (m/f)
- Senior Software Engineer, Data Acquisition (m/f)
- Senior Software Engineer (Java), Services & Storage (m/f)