At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research open for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you'll be doing it as part of a dynamic team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
Are you a data-guru and want to work on the most interesting data-set in the world? Do you want to use your skills and experience to do something great? This data scientist position at ResearchGate offers the opportunity to have a direct influence on one of the most important problems there is; improving the efficiency of science.
We are looking for a talented and experienced data scientist who can help build up our analytics team and maximize the value we can get from our data, in an already data-driven company. You must have a wide range of experience in applying data science on real-world problems, enjoy coaching more junior data scientists and most of all, believe in our mission.
- Help build up data science as a core competency at ResearchGate
- Identifying the best way to leverage our data in terms of both analysis and process
- In-depth & exploratory analysis that provide real product value
- Help create development track for more junior data scientists
- Evangelize data and help develop better understanding of statistics company-wide
- Work with key big-data technologies including Hadoop, Hive, Tez, Flink
- Work effectively alongside engineers and members of our analytics and product teams to maximize impact of analytics team
- 4+ years in applied data science in consumer-facing company
- Degree in Math, Statistics or related
- Expert knowledge in Python & Java for data analysis including relevant statistical packages (Pandas etc.)
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Excellent statistics knowledge including years of experience applying a wide range of statistical models
- Hands-on experience with data processing at scale
- Desire to quickly learn new technologies and adopt tools that fit a problem best
- High level of data awareness
- Excellent communication skills and command of English (German is optional)
- You believe in our mission and want to help us achieve it
- You want to be part of and further develop a world-class analytics team
- You are passionate about data and want to work on the most interesting data-sets possible
- You have your finger on the pulse of the latest analytics tools and technologies
- You enjoy coaching others and spreading your knowledge
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus a cover letter with your possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also mention how you came across our open position. You will be hearing from us soon!