- Shubhanga Kn added an answer:How to define multi-machine power system in matlab?
how to give input in matlab a multi-machine power system? or mathematical model of multi-machine power system as SMIB is defined by Heffron's Flipines model?
Please visit www.ee.iitb.ac.in/~peps/downloads.html
Have a look at the transient stability programme.Following
- Carlos da silveira added an answer:How can a model of a grid be represented having only the SCC of 300kVA?
I am currently working on modelling a pv system on PSCAD, my next stage is to connect my circuit into the national grid and simulate an overall system. I only have the short circuit capacity of 300kVA. Thanks
- Where can I find the details about the IEEE standard power system models such as New England System? .
I hope the following links could be helpful for your research.
- Kandasamy kv added an answer:MATLAB Function block low speed ?
I use a MATLAB Function block in simulink/simpowersystems and speed of my simulation get down very low. Please help me with this.
Any solution exists for getting up simulation speed?
How can I use an algoritthm in simpowersystems with high speed simulation?
it depends on what block used. Please identify the appropriate block for the corresponding elements connected,because some time the block chosen itself gives slow run of simulation time. You can check the properties of matlab and block to speed up.Following
- Can anyone provide me with a high efficiency DC-DC converter simulator M-file or simulink file?
I am working in the area of DC Microgrid in this regards I need a DC-DC converter. I will be thankful for this act of kindness.
I recommend you study the following manuscripts which are helpful for how to model Power Electronic devices using MATLAB programming and SIMULINK toolbox.
- Yasser E. Abu Eldahaba added an answer:How to make an interface between matlab and pscad?
Hello, everyone I'm working on optimization of coordinating overcurrent relay I wrote allocation codes and optimization code in matlab but I need to recall mfiles in PSCAD. I want o know is that possible to link between matlab and pscad wich I able to use matlab codes in Pscad?
Copied old posts: The attachment includes the steps to make that interface.Following
- Vasim Akram added an answer:Does anyone have a MATLAB code for QR method for evaluating Eigen Values and Eigen Vectors of a given matrix [A]?
Power system simulation
thank you very much tahir sirFollowing
- Przemysław Perlikowski added an answer:Is it possible to plot time solution of variables against time in AUTO 07P, such that the time axis is not limited to the value of 1?
I am using Bifurcation and Continuation Software AUTO-07p, for my thesis. I need to plot some of the variables of my system, against time. However, solutions are only plotted for the time interval of [0,1]. I was wondering if there is a way to extend the time axis and obtain the time solution of my variables in a larger interval.
Thanks in advance for your kind attention.
In Auto time is normalized to fit range [0,1]. The real time is in interval from 0 to period (T). Auto calculates periodic solutions, hence in next interval (period) the same solution will be repeated.Following
- Burc Deleen added an answer:What is the advantage of using real time simulator in power system analysis?
Does using real time simulator is essential in large power system analyzing ? why?
Mr. Alhelou, can you tell us how system security and stability are improved?Following
- Babak Ahmadzadeh added an answer:How can simulate the occurrence of three-phase short-circuit fault at the terminal of an isolated synchronous generator using programming in Matlab?
The generator supplies a parallel RL load. The fault occurs at t1 and it is cleared at t2. The dynamic simulation interval includes pre-fault, fault, and post-fault conditions.
Thanks for attached document. I viewed it. In your study, you have considered the SMIB system, but in the question, the synchronous generator has been supposed in the isolated situation. In other words, it has not any connection to the infinite bus or upstream network.
- Dinakara Prasad Reddy P added an answer:Which is the latest Optimization technique for Power system problem solving?My project work is optimization in power system (like load flow, parameters and position finding, filter designing, fault location etc ) and I have used PSO (particle swarm optimization), different new improved version of PSO, HS (harmony search), and different new improved version of HS but I want a new technique, which will gives best results in comparison to all other existing Optimization technique. Please can anyone suggest a new technique which will give best result in comparison to other technique?
You can go for krill herd algorithm, GSAFollowing
- Pouya Mahdavipour Vahdati added an answer:Can anyone help me to find a dataset of hyperbolic magnetization functions for representing saturation effects in synchronous generators?
I intend to simulate synchronous generators dynamics under saturation conditions. As it is clear, the most accurate description of generator's behaviour in saturated conditions, is given by FAMILY of magnetizing curves (not just the one). Also, for implementing the saturation effects, I suppose it is better to represent the aforementioned family of curves by HYPERBOLIC functions. However, these functions are provided by manufacturers along with per unit data of generator, which I can't find anywhere. I need these functions to be in per unit quantities, as well as the data of generator.
Thanks all for your kind attention.
Dear Professor Sokalski,
Thank you for your attention regarding my problem. I have briefly studied the book you have mentioned. Detailed and generic information regarding magnetic phenomenon and interactions is given in the book, with which one could specify functions for modelling saturation. However, derivation of functions for representation of saturation in synchronous generators, needs extensive information regarding physical aspects of the machine, which not only is in the scope of electric machinery design, but also is not easily available with required level of detail in general. Hence, for my purpose, the information has to be more case specific. For example, the data of a typical or prototype synchronous generator in per unit values, along with the saturation characteristics represented by appropriate functions.
Nevertheless I sincerely appreciate your help and kind attention.Following
- Jethro Betcke added an answer:How can find data of a real microgrid for designing an MPC-based controller?
I want to design a EMS systems for a MicroGrid that determines real and reactive power set points for components of a real world MG, e.g. DGs, Compensators, Loads etc.
I need all of the information/data about this MicroGrid for design a MPC-based controller.
I prefer that this system includes a PV, a wind turbine, a diesel generator, and a battery storage device.
Let me help you on the way:
- Babak Ahmadzadeh added an answer:How can I solve the low speed of my simulation in simulink?
I have a multi machine power system, and I had to simulate it by solving differential equations of the whole system in simulink, but the speed of the simulation is very low, how can I do this simulation in less time?
Run your simulation using Euler solver method (ode1) and fixed-step.
- Javad Modarresi added an answer:How do you model the synchronous condenser in DIgSILENT?
I want to model the synchronous condenser in DIgSILENT. How can it be done?
Synchronous condenser consume little active power. Moreover, DigSILENT gives error in very low power factors (Simulation not converge). My network is IEEE 14 bus test system.
In DigSILENT, the setting of power flow tap is only applied to the power flow analysis and synchronous machine exchanges the active power with network in the time domain simulation even in the P=0 condition.Following
- Bhupendra Desai added an answer:The power factor (PF) of each electric motors used in factories is different - any thoughts?What reference recommend for this topic?For induction motor, power factor varies, considerably, from no load condition(magnetizing currents dominates, total current), to full load.In factory, mainly induction motor is used as drive, hence we consider the factory power factor, not of the individual motor.Following
- Dinesh Reddy asked a question:Can anyone explain how to create subsystem In PSCAD?
Hi, can anyone explain how to create subsystem in Pscad?Following
- Mohammad Reza Miveh added an answer:How to simulate two voltage sources in parallel in MATLAB?
I tried to simulate two voltage sources in parallel in Simpower systems in Matlab/Simulink library but it always shows an error that voltage sources cant be connected in parallel. How do I get rid of that problem?
Please find my Simulink model attached.
you can use the droop control to share power between them.Following
- Mehdi Hedayatpour added an answer:How to simulate DFIG in digsilent?DFIG in digsilent simulation.
thanks M.r EidianFollowing
- Ferran Torrent Fontbona added an answer:Can anyone suggest energy market simulations and share experiences?I am looking into available power market simulators (preferably to be used in the context of multi-agent systems).
I am familiar with the AMES Wholesale Power Market Testbed (http://www2.econ.iastate.edu/tesfatsi/AMESMarketHome.htm) as well as with PowerWeb (http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/powerweb/) and MASCEM (from the university of Porto).
Have you evr heard about PowerTac competition? It is an energy market simulation framework where participants test their broker agents. I think you might be interesting for youFollowing
- Alaa Eldin Mohamed added an answer:Can anyone help with the design of PSS with a kundour two area system using PSAT package?
I have done a PSS kundour Model using PSAT software and I want to find PSS's parameters using partrical swarm optimization. I done the partical swarm code but I want to know how to insert the PSAT model in partical swarm to find PSS parameters?
Dear Easa Kazemi,
i want to design PSS for multimachine system using partical swarm .I attached the mtluimachine model and the command line instruction.I want to know how the Pss parameters (K,T1,T2,T3,T4) be used to inserted in partical swarm code as avariable and hoe to adjust the speed deviation as object functionFollowing
- Jose Gonzalez de Durana added an answer:Is it worth it to do my PhD as a continuation of my m.tech dissertation in smart grid with standalone systems?Doing matlab simulation and performance analysis of standalone systems in smart grid.
In my opinion, a multi-method simulation tool could result to you better than Matlab to model smart-grids. You can see:
(Published in Energy conversion and management 75 : 643-650 (2013)Following
- Mostafa Eidiani added an answer:Can anyone provide line rating MVA for IEEE 14 bus lines?.Following
- Can someone please provide the exact definition of a Smart Grid? Can you give a definition for smart grid, and a clear idea about it?
Since there is no unique definition for Smart Grid yet, I recommend you study the paper titled "What is the Smart Grid? Definitions, Perspectives, and Ultimate Goals" which is available in my RG-page at
- Venkataraman Chayapathy added an answer:What is the optimal location and parameter setting for UPFC?The attached paper is about using UPFC for eliminating or minimizing the number of overloaded lines and the bus voltage limit violations. I work on the IEEE 30 bus as in this paper, but it does not give me the contingency ranking as shown in this paper (Table 6).
Can anyone please send me the generation output and bus voltage to achieve those overlines according to line outage? I sent a message to author but got no answer.
i have gone through the link the paper discusses the scenario in case of outages but my answer is for a case where buses are over loaded.Following
- Okan Ozgonenel added an answer:What factor influences the electric field stress on bushing?Especially for the non-condenser bushing. I'm studying FEM analysis.
Environmental effects, climate effects and rated voltage levels as well as material type. You may use COMSOL to do electric field computations.Following
- Where can I find problems in Smart Grid Computations to work on it? There is a course named "Individual Problems" in my Masters curriculum wherein I have to bring up a problem related to Smart Grid Computations and work throughout the semester to find a solution. However, I am not able to come up with any problem set as such. And I am totally confused between this course and Thesis and the complexity of the problem determines whether a course is, Master's Thesis or a Doctoral Thesis. Please help.
In my opinion, you have to study some useful papers regarding Smart Grid topics in order to come up with a novel idea. Since I am really enthusiastic about Electricity Market issues, I recommend you study the following worthwhile paper.
"Real-Time Demand Response Model " by Dr. Luis Baringo, and Professor Antonio Conejo. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid (Volume:1 , Issue: 3 ) , Dec. 2010
- Muhammad Dhiyauddin added an answer:Can anyone explain why this system has a waveform like this?I designed the distribution system to identify the effect capacitor bank on power quality. The capacitor initially open and closes at 0.4s.
Thank You AllFollowing
- Chirag Patel added an answer:Can you please give me tips for MATLAB coding of 3 phase unbalance load flow for distribution system?
Give required equations for 3 phase load flow for unbalance distribution system. OR any references.
Thank You Both ....Following
- Pisupati Sadasiva Subramanyam added an answer:Is there any established method to combine power system simulation with communication simulation in a smart grid?
I am working on cyber-security and therefore I need to have simultaneous simulations in both- power and communication systems. What software platforms are generally used for this purpose? Is there any scope to do such simulations in DIgSILENT Powerfactory?
In Simulink Block Diagram one can use any of the Simulation Blocs belonging to all the Tool Boxes coordinating them properly. Matlab include simulink also. We have used it including Power System and D.S.P. To integrate it with Soft Ware also I suggest that Mohammed Elgamal's Suggestion may be tried.