- Muhammed oda Mallah added an answer:Can anyone help me in the diagnosis of Cryptosporidiun parvum in the attached pictures?
This parasite stain with acid fast stain
thank you very much for your helpingFollowing
- Alex Grinberg added an answer:Which method is the best for purification of Cryptosporidium oocysts from cattle feces?Bacteria and debris free oocystsFollowing
- Muhammed oda Mallah added an answer:What is best method to dignosis of Cryptosporidiosis
diagnosis of cryptosporidium
thank you very much for your attentionFollowing
- Gomes Shankar added an answer:Can I detect Cryptosporidium oocysts from calves feces using Auramine phenol fluorescent staining method?When I examine the slides under fluorescent microscope the residue of plants which cattle feed from them radiate yellow light like oocysts of Cryptosporidium. It makes detection hard to perform. How can I get rid of them?you need to use sieve of 10 microns then only you can retain oocysts. may be a costly affair. try floating the oocysts with sugar and stain with ZN stainFollowing
- Recep Tekin added an answer:What drug can best be used to treat cryptosporidium infections?According to recent studies, which drug is more effective: azitromycin, paromomycin, nitazoxanide, or spiramycin?specific treatment:
Nitazoxanide shortens duration and reduces mortality in malnourished children.[ Nitazoxanide is well tolerated with a good safety profile.
Nitazoxanide, paromomycin and azithromycin are only partially effective and results with cryptosporidiosis in AIDS patients remain disappointing.
Trials are small and evidence is conflicting. Drugs include the aminoglycoside paromomycin,and macrolides such as azithromycin and clarithromycin.Following
- Venu Ravipati added an answer:How many days can a Cryptosporidium positive faecal sample can be stored in --20C with out any preservative?Faecal sample storage without any preservativeMy observation is not more than a month in -20C without preservation; but can be extended with 2.5% Potassium dichromate solution for another 3-4 months at _20CFollowing
- Michelo Simuyandi asked a question:Where can I get Cryptosporidium antigen?I am working on detecting Cryptosporidium specific antibodies in serum using ELISA and am looking for Cryptosporidium antigen (both C. Parvum and C. Hominis).Following
- Tatiana taty Charles added an answer:Other than those pathologies, what severe pathology could cause the cryptosporidium?I read your interesting article and I see that you especially mention severe pathologies such as diarrhea in case of immunodeficiency and malnutrition.I thank you Dr for your answer. Pancreatitis is also a common severe pathology encountered in cryptosporidium infection. But i don't find in literature if it can happen late or spontaneously after infectionFollowing
- Ma. Del Socorro Carreno added an answer:What is the best (validated) disinfectant for Cryptosporidium in clinical lab?What is the most ideal (validated) disinfectant for Cryptosporidium in clinical lab?Hi, I find, this information:
Cryptosporidium have a spore stage (oocyst) and in this state for long periods can survive outside the host and can also withstand many common disinfectants, especially based disinfectants cloro.3 Due to this resistance, water treating to remove Cryptosporidium generally based on coagulation followed by filtration or boiled. In 2007 it was discovered that Cryptosporidium is sensitive to ultraviolet light and ozonation, May 4 having already installed such water treatment systems in cities where they have had problems with the presence of parásito.6
Most treatment plants that take water from rivers, lakes and reservoirs for public drinking water production use conventional filtration technologies. This involves a series of processes including coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation and filtration. Direct filtration, which is generally used for treatment of water with low levels of particles includes coagulation and filtration, but no sedimentation. Other common filtration processes are sand filters or diatomaceous earth, membranes and bag and cartridge filters.
Conventional technologies direct sand and diatomaceous earth can remove 99% of Cryptosporidium.7 membranes and the bag and cartridge filters can remove Cryptosporidium on the basis of a product due concreto.Con concentration and contact time , can be performed Cryptosporidium inactivation treatment with chlorine dioxide and ozone. Can also be performed with ultraviolet light treatment relatively low doses.
3.↑ «Chlorine Disinfection of Recreational Water for Cryptosporidium parvum». CDC. Consultado el 06-05-2007.
4.↑ «Irreversible UV inactivation of Cryptosporidium spp. despite the presence of UV repair genes.». NCBI PubMed. Consultado el 06-05-2007.
5.↑ «Ultraviolet Disinfection and Treatment». AWWARF.org. Consultado el 06-05-2007.
6.↑ «Östersund to flush parasite from water pipes.». Radio Sweden. Consultado el 25-04-2011.
7.↑ «The Interim Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule – What Does it Mean to You?» (pdf). USEPA. Consultado el 06-05-2007.Following
- Francisco D Alonso added an answer:Does auramin O has an expiry date?I've bought auramine O (MERCK), but it doesn't have an expiry date. Also it seems to have been manufactured a long time ago. Has it lost its quality? Can I use it for staining cryptosporidium?Dear Dr. Jaffari,
The auramine O in its original container and do not tend powder expiration problems. If you prepare a solution should be stored in amber bottle and protected from light. Only when the solution is observed precipitate should be discarded. Are fundaentales storage conditions.
Francisco Alonso, Murcia, SpainFollowing
A genus of coccidian parasites of the family CRYPTOSPORIDIIDAE, found in the intestinal epithelium of many vertebrates including humans.