- Omer Ucar added an answer:Should we give 5000 or 10000 units of hCG to trigger ovulation?
Should we be using 5000 or 10000 IU hCG to trigger ovulation ?
1500-3300 (or 2500 at average) IU hCG should be fine for mares while 1500 IU is OK for cows.Following
- Maria Bettencourt Pires added an answer:What are the effects of contraceptives on their own target-organs, as on the Endometrium?
At the turn of the century, after more than 40 years of worldwide use of oral contraceptives, the international scientific community is still researching and learning new facts on the possible side effects of this surprisingly most prescribed hormonal medication. Peripheral and systemic vascular effects are a well-established fact. Astonishingly, not much has been established on the vascular effects of hormonal therapy directly on the main target-organ, the uterine and ovarian vasculature.
I am trying to build an update on this issue.
Would anyone please help me on this question? Thank you.
- Ali Saeed Chalabi added an answer:Does anyone have a protocol for Testicular marker enzyme assays particularly for ALP, SDH, LDH and ACP) in mice?
I would just like to make a request for the protocols for screening Testicular marker enzyme assays( ALP, SDH, LDH and ACP) in mice.
I tried to hard to find one but couldn't. In some studies enzyme assay kits have been used, which seems to be very expensive.
I also wanted the protocol for estimating harmonal levels(Testosterone). But even for this I could see kits for assaying.
Please can anyone let me know if there is a protocol I can follow.
pleased find the attached pdf and link
- T. K. Mohanty added an answer:What is the effect of GnRH on the estrous cycle in small ruminants?
Does the GnRH hormone have the same effect in small ruminants as in cows?
Specifically, what is its effect on ovulation, recruitment of follicular wave and synchronization of estrous cycle?
I think dose of GnRH and stages of estrus cycle or anestrus make all the difference in response to GnRH agonist. You have to standardize the dose first.Following
- Xue Du added an answer:Is anyone interested in poly-cystic ovary syndrome induction without chemical or hormone therapy?We designed a chemical induction free animal model (in rat) for PCOS and are designing projects for better evaluation of brain physiologic characteristic of this disease. We will be glad for other researcher collaboration on this subject.
I am a doctor and researcher of reproductive endocrinology in General Hospital,Tianjin medical University.I am also interested in participation in this project.I'd like to know more details.
- D. Erickson added an answer:Does somebody know of a book about comparative mice-human physiology?I need a book about reproductive mice physiology, and better if its compared to the human one. I'm working in research about the hormonal effects in cancer development in mice model and need some backup about it and the similarities to the human model.Following
- Petra Roosen added an answer:Does anyone know of a provider of the hormone used for sex reassignment surgery: 17 alpha methyltestosterone?I'm from Peru and I need to buy (import) this product as soon as possible.
Maybe you mistook the name of the desired hormone? For a male to female hormonal (not: surgical) reassignment it is 17β-Estradiol. If this is what you are researching, ask your doctor to prescribe it. The medication itself is comparably cheap in its generic form and available world-wide.Following
- Eric Sc added an answer:Is it possible to isolate germ cells (pachytene or pre- pachytene stage) from mice testis for in vitro culture?I want to isolate and culture germ cells of pachytene or pre-pachytene stage from mice testis to study my drug effect, but i can't find any precise protocol to do so. Is it possible to culture germ cells without a feeder layer of somatic cells?
Check out "Flow Cytometry Purification of Mouse Meiotic Cells" on Jove by Getun IV et al.. You can sort based on DNA content, but they were able to distinguish between cells along 2-4N based on Hoechst dye staining.Following
- CHEBOUB Amina added an answer:Is aromatisation the only source of estrogen in adult male?I want to know if the inhibition of aromatase is a total inhibition of the production of estrogen?Thank you very muchFollowing
- Vicki Clifton added an answer:How does the level of dihydrotestosterone in blood vary before, during, and after ejaculation in human males?If not known in humans, what about in other mammals? Please feel free to direct me to literature sources.Manfred Schedlowski has published work on hormone profile of men and women before, during and after masturbation and sexual intercourseFollowing
- Weronika Rupik added an answer:Is there anyone with experience in neonatal mice ovaries ablation?I want to collect newborn (1 day) mice ovaries to study it microscopically, but I can't find precise/complete information about the procedure.Hi Daniel, please, write what kind of microscopic examination you plan (electron, light or immuno).Following
- Veena Vidyasagar asked a question:What are the causes of menstrual disturbances in hypothyroidism?Abnormal uterine bleeding and hypothyroidismFollowing
- Matthew James Conroy added an answer:Real time PCR primers for oestrogen and progesterone gene in pigs?I want to study the real time expression of oestrogen and progesterone gene in pigs (RIA being not possible in my case). Whenever I do a nucleotide search in NCBI it gives me back only the results for receptors of both the genes. Since these two hormones being tissue specific, I want to study the gene itself and not receptors. Does anyone have any articles/references/suggestions in this regard ?You will not find a gene for either of these hormones, because steroid hormones are not gene products.Following
- Manjeet Kaur Sharma added an answer:I am looking for a methods or any drug administrable to rats, in order to induce sexual arousal. Does anything exist?I was wondering if sexual arousal in one rat can induce sexual stimulation in other one, separated from each other, kept in different cages about 2 meter from each other.As a postdoc I was working with a PhD student who was trying to study feedback effects of DHT on FSH. She was injecting DHT to rats over a period of several days to induce infertilty. But when we mated the treated males with naive females, it increased their fertility status because we saw a spurt in the number of pups! At the time I was new to the field and did not know that in rats T/DHT actually induce the release of pituitary FSH! Higher androgens would also increase mating behaviour.
Look up this publication:Studies on the effects of low doses of 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT) on the basal levels of serum gonadotropins and the sensitivity of the pituitary to luteinizing hormone releasing hormone (LHRH) in adult male rats.Karanth S, Gill MK, Dutta A, Juneja HS. Hormone and Metabolic Research 01/1984; 16(1):32-36.
Also try and look up the t for an approprite publication on the behavioural effects of estrogen on male sexual behaviour/mounting.Male rats mate with proestrus females very early in the morning which can be checked either from plugs/sperm in vaginal smears/diestrus from 10-20 days.Following