- René Schönemann added an answer:3Does interdependencies exists between railway infrastructures sets (traction power,signalling,telecoms and track) for performing reliability analysis?
The electrified railway infrastructure set comprises of telecommunications, signalling, traction supply and the track. I intend to perform a reliability analysis on the railway infrastructure system which comprises infrastructure sets highlighted above as components. For me to complete this study I have to establish whether indeed an interdependence exists between all or some of the infrastructure sets (components) stated for the reliability analysis to be successful.
Does an interdependence exists? If so between which infrastructure sets?
A suggestion on articles that performed similar studies within the railway industry will also be of great use.
there are numerous interdependencies among the subsystems of railway infrastructure. There is huge amounts of reliability analyses on infrastructure elements in the prevailing literature. They usually consider only the reliability of one system, piece of hardware etc. It could be a diligent piece of work to compile them.
I recommend you to sort out the infrastructures that interest you first, then identify relevant infrastructure elements and then start analysing the reliabilities of the specific sets.
- Lars Schnieder added an answer:3What is the appropriate choice model for improving track maintenance scheduling?
i need to improve track maintenance scheduling to reduce train disruption/delay and I want to know if there is anyone who knows any appropriate choice model for this to be visible. Thanks...
You might be interested in the Automain project.
- Bayandy Sarsembayev added an answer:6What Railway Single or Multi - Train Performance Simulation models do you know?
Does anyone have complex Train Performance Simulation code for Single or Multi in MATLAB or other software packages?
- Lars Abrahamsson added an answer:25Anyone knows any software package able to simulate railway power systems?I need to know which are the commercial options for simulation of electrical railway networks, not for transient simulation but for electrical power flow analysis. Do any of these packages also simulate the train behavior?
Phew! Here it is - finally?Following
- Dragan Djordjevic added an answer:4Can someone advise on a Fuzzy approach with incorporation in the PROMETHEE multicriteria method?A fuzzy in the PROMETHEE
thank you for reply. At the moment I am out of this work and need sometime to get in again. But if it is no problem I will contact you latter?
- Jason Wen-chieh Cheng added an answer:2Is there any other software except Oasys XDisp by which I can do tunnel analysis based on semi-empirical methods?
I am currently working on my research on tunnel analysis based on semi-empirical models. So far I have only come across Oasys XDisp but I am looking to an option of any other package which works on the same principles.
I think you can only use Oasys XDisp to carry out the static analysis of ground deformation induced by tunneling process. If you want to know the seismic response of a tunnel then probably you should use PLAXIS or other commercial packages.Following
- Boot-Handford Nick asked a question:OpenCan anyone suggest a method for cleaning air handling unit coils in a space limited and time restricted was that would be suitable for a railway?
The method would need to be self contained and could not involve setting up significant apparatus or equipment. Anything used would need to conform to railway regulations. The coils are mainly blocked with dust and fibre from a railway application.Following
- Bayandy Sarsembayev asked a question:OpenDoes anyone know research about control storage device for electric rail vehicle?
Can you suggest me some review paper or simulation models about this topic? Thanks in advance.Following
- Ahmed Abdelraheem Farghaly added an answer:6Down rail way lines Why is soil and slopes are not affected by the seismic effects of trains movement?
I would like to express my deep thanks for your cooperation
- Ismail isa Danfillo added an answer:4Can I use fastsim algorithm to find the forces acting on a number of points from the contact patch (wheel rail contact)?
can i use fastsim algorithm to find the forces acting on a number of points from the contact patch (wheel rail contact)? also i need help on how to write the matlab programme
thank you all so much for your help...i really appreciate. i have solved my problem now.
- 1What is the best train load model to be used as input load for analysis?
what is best formula to model the train load in time domain to be used as input load for analysis?
Hi Dr Maher,
There is too many ways to calculate the load for a train model
all depends on the train type( passenger or freight )
* the European standard mention that the standard freight load for example is 22.5 ton/axle
* you should first know the bogie weight and carbody weight then you can directly find the total payload of the train
total Payload= Maximum required load - carbody weight -bogies weight
if you can tell me the application I can provide more information
- 2What is the influence of rail wheel conicity on ride comfort of railway vehicle?
What is the influence of rail wheel conicity on ride comfort of railway vehicle?
you can also see these
** The Relationship between Contact Angle Difference and Equivalent Conicity of High-speed EMU ( By: Zhang, Zhi Bo; Wu, Ping Bo; Luo, Ren; et al. )
**The Comparative Analysis of Calculating the Equivalent Conicity Methods in Vehicles of Mechanical Engineering ( By: Lin, Fengtao; Wang, Yue Ming; Dong, Xiaoqing))Following
- 5How can we see the numerical equation that can be developed in Adams/Rail or car?
How can we see the numerical equation that can be developed in Adams/Rail or car?
Hope that my PhD help
- Duygu Doyrangol asked a question:OpenHow much can I move rails without moving the catenary?
We need to add a track to a current design.Following
- Samiul Hasan added an answer:3Can someone point me towards Optimization Research for Train Operation Scheme for Urban Rail Transit Considering train formation?
Recently, I am working on the field of rain operation scheme for urban rail transit , considering train formation(train has 4 cars or 6 cars ,and so on) .But I can not find the previous research about this.
Anyone know the related article can recommend me.
I'm waiting for your help.
Thanks very much! And best regard!!
This is the latest best work on this problem:
Just click view pdf link.
- Wolfgang Beyer added an answer:9Any advice on reliability analysis for railway track maintenance?
I am doing research on my Masters thesis on how i can improve maintenance management of the rail track using reliability analysis.I intend to perform a reliability analysis on the components that are found in the track and with that hope to establish components that can be prioritized during maintenance planning. Is this feasible ? ,if so what material would you recommend for me to read.I do not have any background in reliability engineering,but i have a solid background in Civil and Structural engineering.
Deutsche Bahn just in August 2015 realizes the renewal of track (gavel sleepers rails)
on the City Rail track S7 from Munich Fasangarten to Neubiberg, about 11 km length.
Included are small bidges and road crossings as well as two Station platforms.
The project is realized without the required and planned double track redesign
thus we expect additional cost and prolongation of the foreseen upgrading. With such management by chance a reliability and benefit estimation is not available.Following
- Abdou S.H. Ahmed added an answer:3Does anyone have a cad file of railway turnout?
In the name of god
Hi dear researchers
I need to a cad file of railway turnout with following characteristics for my thesis. If someone knows a source, please tell me.
These links may be useful for you
- Szabolcs Fischer added an answer:9What is the maximum length of a train in your country ?
In France, the maximum length of a freight train is 750 meters, including the locomotive. The French nework is built with marshalling yards and passing sidings allowing this length. In Europe, this length is not the same everywhere: for instance a train going from Paris to Milano must be cut into two trains when it enters in Italy where the length is 550 m. Since 2012, the length of 850 m is allowed for some routes (Paris - Marseilles). Trials have been running successfully with trains of 1500 m.
Dragan Djordjevic is right. The maximum train lenght is 750 meters according to AGC.Following
- Richard Llewellyn added an answer:3Can anyone describe the positives and negatives of tilt technology in railway vehicles?
Can anyone describe the positives and negatives of tilt technology in railway vehicles in simple words?
For countries with relatively small loading gauges, such as the UK, there is also a further negative side effect in terms of vehicle design when tilt technology is included. This is for two reasons.
First, the tilt technology is installed under the floor, resulting in a higher floor level and a reduced saloon height within the coach. Secondly, the roof of the vehicle is tapered inwards further to avoid contact with passing structures. This results in reduced above seat luggage space and a lower passenger window height. In combination, some consider these factors to have a negative impact on overall passenger comfort and satisfaction.
An example of these reduced dimensions can be seen on the Class 390 Pendolino trains which operate on the West Coast Mainline in the UK.Following
- Francesco Castellani asked a question:OpenEstimated monetary damage from floods: Stage-Damage Curves or Fragility Curves for Railroads?
I am enquiring since, perhaps, someone is aware of either:
- An empirical equation/model used to assess the damage caused to railroads (both metro and long-distance tracks) by flooding water depths;
- A set of Fragility Curves applied to railroads where damage is assessed as a result of urban flooding instead of seismic phenomena.
All this with strict reference to urban environments.
Thank you very much,
- Majid Zarif added an answer:41Can we utilise the relative wind energy of a moving train?While a high speed train is moving, the wind is blowing in the opposite direction. Can that wind energy be utilized to run the fans of the train?
or if that wind can be utilized to generate power? like installing dynamo in the poles near the tracks
you can use this kinematic energy for decrease the energy use by fan which used in condenser of lubrication system...Following
- Hamed Heydari added an answer:5What is a suitable software for railway turnout simulation and calculating wear and stresses?
In the name of god
Hi dear researchers
what is the best software for railway turnout simulation and calculating wear and stresses in switch and crossing?
Dear Vanessa Meloni and Dear Miguel Rodriguez
thank you a lot for your favor.Following
- Altan Onat added an answer:5Which method is best for calculating contact force between rail and wheel ?
Which method is best for calculating contact force between rail and wheel?
Like non hertzian contact theory or kalker or other .
From my knowledge, the theory describes the tangential contact forces with less assumptions (or approximations) is the "Exact Theory" proposed by J. J. Kalker. However, the computational requirements are very high. There is no best theory, method etc. in science. Each theory describes the phenomena with its own assumptions. If computational complexity does not matter, "Exact Theory" can be used. However, if computational complexity matters there are other methods for calculating the tangential forces like FASTSIM, Polach's Theory etc. However, for normal problem, I also do not know which theory describes the contact patch and normal pressure distribution with less assumptions. There are Hertzian, Semi-Hertzian and Non Hertzian Methods. There are tons of articles, papers describing these methods. You can easily find any of them in the internet.Following
- Sunil Sharma added an answer:1How can I calculate inter railway vehicle coupler forces?
In the simulation of railway vehicle driving profile, coupler force calculation is required. Without the real time data, how to calculate coupler force coefficients and forces.
Dear ganesan ,
kindly go through this u get detailed answer what u r looking for,
'Development of High and Low Fidelity Models for Multi body railroad vehicle system' by Graham G. Sanborn,in this read chapter 4 u get ur solutionFollowing
- Vanessa Meloni Massara added an answer:1What is the influence of rail wheel conicity on curving ability of railway vehicle?
What is the influence of rail wheel conicity on curving ability of railway vehicle?
I believe you know this work:
Vehicle Dynamics and the Wheel/Rail Interface by Evans J, Iwnicki S.D
- Mauro Dell'Orco added an answer:1What is the role of geometric parameters of railway coach on its curving ability?
What is the role of geometric parameters of railway coach on its curving ability?
Please explain better what you mean by "curving ability"Following