- Apurva Kumar added an answer:Which Subdomains are in the Railway Domain?
During his work on software in the railway domain, Dines Bjorner started with a list of subdomains into which the railway domain can be divided. His list can be found here(http://euler.fd.cvut.cz/railwaydomain/?page=faq&subpage=railway-domain). From the perspective of a railway domain expert, is this list complete and up to date with respect to the current state of the railway domain? If not, what can be added or removed from the list to refine it?
To add more context, I would like to add that I was originally asking this question from the perspective of Formal Methods in Software Engineering. This is why I started with Dines Bjorner's list in the first place, since this is the viewpoint he takes when specifying this list of subdomains of the railway domain.
Does this clarification change your answer to the original question?
Thank you for all the responses!Following
- Vanessa Meloni Massara added an answer:Can anyone suggest articles about the lengthening of the useful life of trains, based on "Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens" (Langrand, 1991)?
Any other study on the subject is welcome.
Do you have papers about useful life of trains?
Thank You very much!
- Mohammed Saber Gad added an answer:How does the pressure created by a mechanical pump depend on engine speed?I need to know why mechanical pumps are not used in common rail systems?
the brake power of engine depends on engine speed, so, the power of pump depends on engine speed.
the pressure energy= fluid density*acceleration of gravity*Head*flow rateFollowing
- B. Jourquin added an answer:What is the maximum length of a train in your country ?
In France, the maximum length of a freight train is 750 meters, including the locomotive. The French nework is built with marshalling yards and passing sidings allowing this length. In Europe, this length is not the same everywhere: for instance a train going from Paris to Milano must be cut into two trains when it enters in Italy where the length is 550 m. Since 2012, the length of 850 m is allowed for some routes (Paris - Marseilles). Trials have been running successfully with trains of 1500 m.
In Belgium, the length is different if you consider passenger or freight transport. The latest is limited to 750m (including the engine), but the limit is set to 430m for passengers.Following
- Jeremi Rychlewski added an answer:Does anyone have references on intelligent railway crossing systems?
We are planning a research Project for prototype of intelligent railway crossing system using artificial neural network in real time.
You should start with safety requirements - neural networks allow some fuzzyness of a result, the question is do safety measures allow this fuzzyness. In Poland safety reuqirements are set so high, that the problem becomes simplified.Following
- Riswan Habbibulla added an answer:What are the possibilities for the measurement of magnetic permeability on conductors (Metals) in the frequency range of 200Khz to 1.5MHz ?
The two possibilities found so far was using Vector network analyser and Lock in amplifier. Please suggest some solutions for this. Thanks!
Thanks again for the information. I will have a look on the chapter.Following
- David B. Clarke added an answer:What is the appropriate method to calculate the impact factor to capture the dynamic impact loading of the train in railway design?
The dynamic impact loading and the speed of the train can be included in the railway design applying the impact factor.
Are you talking about track or structures? In track design generally, AREMA provides an impact factor formula that takes into account maximum train speed and average wheel diameter. This produces a practical maximum impact load of about 1.6 times the static vertical wheel or axle load. There is an alternate dynamic load factor in computing tie-ballast bearing pressure in track having concrete crossties (sleepers). The value is based on engineering judgement, but probably should be at least 2.0.Following
- David Francisco Marmolejo Carrasco added an answer:What type of contracts are suggestable for the implementation of subway projects?-Following
- Cameron Smart asked a question:Can anyone recommend a design method for an eductor that will move sand with compressed air?Application is a suburban railway with steep grades and new power cars that skid the wheels when the track is wet.Following
- Chandan Pal added an answer:Can we utilise the relative wind energy of a moving train?While a high speed train is moving, the wind is blowing in the opposite direction. Can that wind energy be utilized to run the fans of the train?
or if that wind can be utilized to generate power? like installing dynamo in the poles near the trackscan we place dynamo in th poles near the tracks?Following
- Michael Henry added an answer:Does anyone have a clear diagram or drawing of the apparatus August Wohler used for his rotating bending fatigue tests?The one in "The Engineer" journal, as published online, is so badly reproduced it is barely comprehensible. I need to illustrate an historical article on early work in fatigue of railway axles.Similar item of interest:
This link claims to have a picture of a Wohler tensile rather than rotating fatigue test machine at Deutsches Museum.
- Pablo Arboleya added an answer:Anyone knows any software package able to simulate railway power systems?I need to know which are the commercial options for simulation of electrical railway networks, not for transient simulation but for electrical power flow analysis. Do any of these packages also simulate the train behavior?Hi Luc, I already know the EMTP-RV, very powerful package, but I'm trying to study the alternatives for simulate specifically railway systems. What I'm studying is software capable of add the train schedule to the power flow program in an easy way.
Thanks for your answer.Following
- Umesh Rai asked a question:Railway researchers interested in contributing a chapter on their research work?Railway researchers are invited to contribute a chapter to an edited book, entitled 'Handbook of Research on Emerging Innovations in Rail Transportation Engineering'. This book is published by IGI-Global.Following
- Bhupendra Desai added an answer:Please suggest the reason and remedy for the voltage fluctuationsIn Mumbai Monorail project in India, one typicat problem is being faced . Traction Subststion of 750 V DC supply uniform DC volatge at no load but at load i.e when the monorail start running or accelerating at a speed of 30 km/hr or more there are volatge fluctuations in the system , which are measured at 20 m sec sampling rate at the input of DC to AC traction Inverter , Conductor Rail ( having contact with current collector with conductor rail as the train moves and there is no bouncing of the curren collector , which is checked on the web camera) . Amplitudue of the Voltage fluctuate is more than No load voltage of Traction substation i.e 1000 V on the max side and 550 V on the minimum side . Voltage fluctauation amplitude starts increasing as train moves away from the Traction Sub station and its duration also increases . Surprising when profile of the DC volatge is checked at the Traction substation at rectifier 12 pulse Full wave , 2 M watt diode , it is noted that there is no volatge fluctuations and smooth 750 V DC supply is flowing even at full load . However it is imperative to mention that connection between the Traction substation to the conductor rail is though the 4 run of 1 x 240 sq mm Copper cable ( Conductor rail is the Aluminum rail with steel top to avoid the wear and tear but since the conductuctivity of Aluminium is more than Steel therefore most of the current passes through the alumimum )As there is no loading(fluctuation),at substation, and as the contact of current collector, are considered perfect(no bouncing), then the voltage fluctuation, which increases, with distance, with perfect catenary(capable of taking required loading), means may be due to considerable voltage drop, in the return path, the aluminum rail, with distance, at higher current demand. Can be reduced by providing,more parallel return path, with increased distance or using, larger cross section rail..Following
- Sukmun Oh added an answer:Is there any real case of an express train overtaking a normal train through opposite direction of line in common operation?Overtaking, skip-stop, schedule, operation.No we do not have the regime. I do research whether the operational pattern is possible to maintain reliability in normal opeartion condition or not. And if it is possible how much shortnning the headway of the rail line operated in that overtaking pattern. That is my recently topic. So I like to know what the headway is. How you simulate these cases?Following
- Pablo Arboleya added an answer:What are the main parameters that must be considered for developing a train electrical model?If I want to develop a model of a train to obtain the electrical demand or injected power in the catenary as a function of the track, speed, acceleration, etc..... What is the minima set of parameters that I should consider?This was exactly what i needed, thank you very much againFollowing
- Closed account added an answer:What is the relation between tractive force (pull force) and motor torque in traction, can we find an exact relation between them analytically?.Actually i not able to download that because i am not aware of that language. Can i find that in English. Really that book is very useful to me. if some how you manage the soft copy for me on my email id(firstname.lastname@example.org), then i can translate it into my own convenient language. Thanx :)Following
- Closed account asked a question:Can anyone provide the experimental values of motor torque and tractive force (pull force) quantities for any typical rail and wheel?.Following
- Afia.S. Hameed asked a question:Which tests need to be done for the Indian railway prestressed concrete sleeper?Only static tests or impact tests as well? Also, do the prestressed concrete sleepers take impact forces by themselves?Following
- Engr Mk added an answer:Can anyone provide me with some resources on maglev trains?I have selected maglev trains as my final year project. So it would be so nice if someone could point me to some resources on this subject.Thanks a lot... These are helpful.Following
- Jose Gomez Castaño added an answer:What are the main components of Railway Engineering course contents?Railway Engineering is a multi-disciplinary program. However, there are many school of thoughts that sees railway engineering as more towards mechanical or electrical engineering. Some may say that it is more towards computerisation. So, what could be the best content for a railway engineering program?I think you may include some topics about GIS and SDI apllication to railways. Theese technieues help many other to be conprenhensiveFollowing
- Dragan Djordjevic added an answer:Can someone advise on a Fuzzy approach with incorporation in the PROMETHEE multicriteria method?A fuzzy in the PROMETHEEI want to put data from fuzzy analysis as attributes in multi-criteria analysis.
It would be great if you have any examples.
Thanks in advanceFollowing
- Closed account asked a question:..Following
- Monica Zarekar added an answer:I am designing a frame for a Railway Compressor and need some guidelines could you help me?I would like some information on general guidelines to frame construction.Can anyone help me to get technical paper on this same topicFollowing