- Robert Koch added an answer:A 2002 NIST study had estimated the cost of software bugs. Do you know any other (more recent) attempt at quantifying the impact of bugs in some way?
All papers I could find have cited the same document for more than a decade: http://www.nist.gov/director/planning/upload/report02-3.pdf
No one seems to have found any more recent study on the topic. Have you?
The paper "The Real Cost of Software Errors" (IEEE 2009, https://www.ll.mit.edu/mission/cybersec/publications/publication-files/full_papers/2009_03_01_Zhivich_IEEES-P_FP.pdf) gives some interesting examples; it also deals with software errors resulting in casualties.
In the archive of ACM Forum on Risks to the Public in Computers and Related Systems (RiSKS, http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/), more examples can be found, but you have to dig around a little.
The website "10 of the most costly software errors in history" (https://raygun.io/blog/2014/05/10-costly-software-errors-history/) gives also some examples.Following
- Ejaz Karim added an answer:Which is the best tool for behaviour based malware analysis?
If you need to enhance the security the best way is to study the behavior of Malware, so any suggestion for the latest and best tool for behavior analysis of Malware?
well i think its just about conference and submitting papers i thinkFollowing
- Valdis Krebs added an answer:What are some of the best models describing the epidemic spread over a network?Epidemic in Networks
Looking for some of the best papers or thesis to go through.
The spread of TB/HIV in human networks...
Follow links to original papers with the CDC at bottom of article.Following
- Rodrigo Ruiz added an answer:What do you consider the biggest malware proliferation technique in social media and why?Social media is now the biggest source of malware proliferation (esp. Facebook), but there is an ongoing debate on the most popular method of malware distribution.
Ehinome, the knowledge of human behavior and the exploitation of our desires, lusts, vanities, fears and greed. This knowledge serves to all media, digital or conventional.Following
- Abdul Razaque added an answer:What is the best open source detection tool for malware that has anti-virtualization?Malware now has the split personality capability to detect virtualization when being analyzed.You can go with following malware detection tools.
1. pybot Search & Destroy
5. Interactive Disassembler (IDA)Following